Hawkesbury Fishing

breamie

Hi All,

Brother and I are looking at heading up there again, last time we went we got some live yakkas at west head and fish around flint and steel for the day and caught one hairtail. was a great fish but just wondering if anyone new of any other spots near by that produce good fish??

And another question when we caught the yakkas they were all about 20cm long is this to long for a livie?? or will fish still have a crack at it?

Thanks all

Hi All,

Brother and I are looking at heading up there again, last time we went we got some live yakkas at west head and fish around flint and steel for the day and caught one hairtail. was a great fish but just wondering if anyone new of any other spots near by that produce good fish??

And another question when we caught the yakkas they were all about 20cm long is this to long for a livie?? or will fish still have a crack at it?

Thanks all

i pretty much think the bigger the bait the bigger the fish and also ive heard of people using legal sized tailor as bait goodluck :thumbup:

i pretty much think the bigger the bait the bigger the fish and also ive heard of people using legal sized tailor as bait goodluck :thumbup:

+1 for legal sized tailor on jews!

I have heard jews also like fresh squid? i have tried to catch them up there but really have no idea what area to catch them in. Any one know any spots up on the hawksbury?

West head over the weed beds

Guest Aussie007

try new spots the wider and deeper the river is the slower the water moves thru it i like to think find structure in these areas and u will find fish on the outskirts fish during the run in or out tides as bait gets swept off the structure into the waiting fishes mouths :biggrin2: fishing on the structure you'd more than likely get little pickers

im not giving away my spot but its right near flint and steel drive around try new spots around this spot and u shall have great success :thumbup: dont be shy to do long 1km drifts untill u find the fish than just keep repeating the drift narrowing it down to the section where the fish are holding

i tried for squid at west head on the weekend and the current was way to strong for the jig

Try fishing in that spot when there's minimal tidal movement then. Coasters retreat has much less current and is another great spot!