First big fish for my son

Michael Feeney

I went up to coffs harbour last friday and my friend decided we should go fishing for a bit, so of course i jumped at the chance. :yahoo: we started off by catching the bait while also noticing some dolphins swimming by which was a nice site. we then headed off around 13 kms offshore, usually they go further but the sea wasnt very kind so we got to the spot and started trollying. 10-15mins later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz we were on and my son was given the rod and the fight had started. Ive got to say it was a fair fight from the tuna, but he was determined to catch his first "big" fish. once he had reeled it in he was so happy, but for everyone else, well it was only him who actually caught one, ended up being around 28kg. here is a pic of my son and his friend and his friends father.looks bigger in real life than it does here, but still a good pic

post-20311-012621300 1336726251_thumb.jpg

Edited by michael222

Nice fish for the young fella & congrats to him on his biggest fish. :thumbup:

Is it a Northern bluefin?

I'm not sure about the call of 28kgs. Did you mean pounds? Around 10kgs looks about right.

Well done again to your son.

Cheers,

Grant.

Great read and top efforts.

Can still remember my first mac tuna 7kg and they give a good fight for there size.

You will be more eager now in heading offshore in search of more pelagics to stretch your arms :thumbup: Is always heart stopping to see your reel scream :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes:

Chris.