Big Fish In Sydney Harbour Do Exist

ssantoro

I read heaps of reports from my fellow raiders, who talk of Kingfish, Jewies, etc in the harbour. Everytime we go fishing in it we land goldfish, maybe we're using the wrong bait, tackle or we just have no idea. Lately I've been frequenting a spot in Hermit bay, where people tell me they catch Kingfish and Jewfish; I've seen nothing impressive out there until yesterday when I swung by after work to check it out. As I sat there enjoying this beautiful Sydney weather, boom 3 rods all get hit within 30 seconds of each other; two of them lose whatever they had, but one guy reels in the biggest fish I've seen pulled from the harbour...a 60cm + Aussie Salmon. I'm told that bigger fish like Kingies and Salmon only come around during the day, is this true??? If not is there anything special I need to do, to attract them?

Picture of the Aussie Salmon

post-22947-090398800 1336810282_thumb.jpg

Edited by extremeterror

Nice fish, reminds me when I use to rock fish, but we had 12 people at a location and 12 rods go of all seconds apart when a school came through but we were spinning. It was either early morning or afternoon. Every place is different. Good feeling when that happens.

not a bad salmon :) if you have the gear , have 2 rods with livies out ( yakkas or squid ) , a rod to throw baitfsih lures around , and a baitcatching rod . If you dont have this stuff it doenst matter of course . Just use whatever you have :) the kingfish salmon bonito season is coming to an end really but always next year :1fishing1:

Yea that's a bit of a bummer, are there squid around during the off season?

I'd love to catch a Jewy, where do I do that?

Try bridges, deep holes, and bait fish grounds. I have caught them in each.

Also go to the search bar here on FR and type in Jewfish, you will have a world of info at your fingertips.

Edited by Jew Stalker