Saturday success

brettmann86

Hey raiders,

Ducked out on Saturday with my wife for a fish and a pleasure cruise in our boat, launched at parsley bay around 5am and met a mate who was already gathering livebait inside Cowan creek, had a chat with him for a little bit while we got our own livies and we both hatched out our plans and decided to catch up a few hours later to see what's going on where, first stop was Jerusalem bay to have a drift around and see what was going on, nothing too special on the drift side of things a couple of just legal flatties that we thee back I'm not too keen on keeping them that size, so we drove out to flint and steel and sent 2 livies down an had some brekkie while we enjoyed the scenery, we got 2 salmon for the 2 livies we sent down which again we released as I've had my fill of fish cakes already lol... Then the wind started it wasn't too bad but it was cold even in the sunshine!!! So I decided to head up to the F3 bridge for a few hours and fish the turn of the tide up there, there was a controlled burn happening at brooklyn that we got some cool photos of on the way, at the bridge parked on our usual spot that I've been successful with in the past.. Cast out 2 prawn baits to feed the catfish lol!! And a livie rigged down in case of a Jew. Well sure enough first 2 fish over the side were catfish hahaha the next 2 were little baby Jews well under legal so back they went! Then the fun started... My livie started getting all nervous bouncing around and then it just stopped dead.... Just as I thought my bait had been theived.... WHAMMO!! I'm on few good runs and there was some weight so I called it for an average sized Jew but I was wrong was a big tailor of 63cm that went 1.48kg gutted I was so lucky to have hooked him in the top of the jaw cause I didn't have wire trace on without that bit of luck I'm sure the people driving over the bridge would have heard me ha ha ha, after I bled him and put him in the esky I thought surely I've been baited on the prawns by now!! As I go to reel in the first rod I notice a good amount of weight but no fight and I'm thinking great another stinking catfish but once it got near the surface it woke up and it turned out to be a bream that went 41cm and 1.185kg gutted which was a PB for me I was stoked!! After that it went a bit quite I did manage another small Jew of around 30cm quickly released then another good bream of about 35cm so in all it wasn't a day that would set any records but it was relaxing and we caught some good fish as well. Plus it was comp weekend for my fishing club so it was great to get some good points up on the board!! I'll post some pics up tomorrow of the fish.

Tight lines guys Brett