Botany Bay Sunday 20/5/12

sydney south

We left home at arounf 5.30am and ventured outside from the bay and drifted in around the 50 metres. The wind came up, was very sloppy and not pleasant for a what we wanted to be a casual days fishing. Pulled the plug and went back in the bay aroung the container wall and oil whalf and then up outside the Sailing club.

Came home at around 1.00pm with a bag of;-

15 x Trevally.

3 x Oz Salmon

& 2 x good sized flatties.

Shame about the rain, but not a bad days fishing though.

Next Time, I will upload some pictures, as my mate was a bit to quick in cleaning the fish.

We got a bag of trevally off the oil wharf before NSW Maritime were of the opinion that we were a little too close to the 100 metre exclusion zone from the wharf itself. Decided quickly that the $500 fine was not worth it for trevally just over legal size (if they were kingfish it might have been another story.)

After moving wider even though we burlied hard we got donuts. Even the tried and tested sp flatty spots were quiet.

We left home at arounf 5.30am and ventured outside from the bay and drifted in around the 50 metres. The wind came up, was very sloppy and not pleasant for a what we wanted to be a casual days fishing. Pulled the plug and went back in the bay aroung the container wall and oil whalf and then up outside the Sailing club.

15 x Trevally.

3 x Oz Salmon

Next Time, I will upload some pictures, as my mate was a bit to quick in cleaning the fish.

15 x Trevally.

3 x Oz Salmon

You done much better than myself mate well done , we managed a bream , 1 good whiting and a salmon fishing around cc bridge , not getting much latly :thumbdown: .

Chris

We got a bag of trevally off the oil wharf before NSW Maritime were of the opinion that we were a little too close to the 100 metre exclusion zone from the wharf itself. Decided quickly that the $500 fine was not worth it for trevally just over legal size (if they were kingfish it might have been another story.)

After moving wider even though we burlied hard we got donuts. Even the tried and tested sp flatty spots were quiet.

Seacow,

Did Maritime come up to you and give you a warning? Or did you up anchour and move before they had a chance??

Edited by sydney south

After watching one poor boat getting accosted by NSW Maritime for a considerable period of time, we thought it wise that we move on quickly before we received the same activity. Don't know for sure they threw the book at him so to speak.

On a couple of previous occasions we have simply been asked to move back a little. But then again this was from the wharf boat not NSW Maritime. Shame too cause it was a fish a throw out. Nothing against NSW Maritime they have the rules to follow.

I must admit we were one of about 9-10 boats all fishing within the 100 metre exclusion zone. All decided that it was time to exit stage right!