Winter Fish

elferoz777

Hi guys,

With the colder months rolling in I am just curious as to which fish (decent fish that is)are still able to be caught from the shore or rocks?

I hear all the good ones head to the estuaries or out to sea.....

What else besides salmon and taylor can be caught (forgive my ignorance)?

El Feroz

Bream, Blackfish and BIGGER jewfish! You'll get the odd kingie off the rocks through winter but they will be hard to tempt! Theyr'e often hoodies though! Its also a good chance to get into squiding if you haven't already! The winter squid are often bigger and harder to entice so its a challenge off the stones!

Hi guys,

With the colder months rolling in I am just curious as to which fish (decent fish that is)are still able to be caught from the shore or rocks?

I hear all the good ones head to the estuaries or out to sea.....

What else besides salmon and taylor can be caught (forgive my ignorance)?

El Feroz

You will still catch luderick, bream, grouper, drummer as well as the usual salmon and tailor. You may get the odd rogue tuna come in close also.

Luc.

Bream, Blackfish and BIGGER jewfish! You'll get the odd kingie off the rocks through winter but they will be hard to tempt! Theyr'e often hoodies though! Its also a good chance to get into squiding if you haven't already! The winter squid are often bigger and harder to entice so its a challenge off the stones!

Squidding over winter is awesome, there aren't as many kingy's around to eat them hehehe. The kings that are around though as you said are generally huge! We don't seem to get the jews off the rocks down here though... I am curious as to why.

Edited by Jew Stalker

Squidding over winter is awesome, there aren't as many kingy's around to eat them hehehe. The kings that are around though as you said are generally huge! We don't seem to get the jews off the rocks down here though... I am curious as to why.

Yeah, i gotta get out for a squid soon! The jews seem to lay low over winter and you need the freshest bait to tempt them! The fish you do tempt are often quality fish though!