squid + pitwater = donuts

brecko90

Hey Raiders,

went out on the hawksbury 2 days ago and headed straight to pittwater in hope of some squid for some nice jewie baits. Any way to cut a long story short couldn't find any squid gave it a good 2 hours for nothing so had to resort to a block of pillies needless to say did no good with them either. Just wondering if i was doing every thing right in my hunt for squid and if i was in the right location, can anyone steer me in the right direction?

if the rain holds off head to areas around palm beach ferry wharf. use a selection of yo zuri, yamashita jigs: i personally like orange/brown but it really does come down to what you find works and the conditions somewhat. aim for squid and keep fishing for squid, live the pillies for another time. im sure you will find some squid then fish that area.

Definitely Give Palm Beach a go! Just inside barrenjoey headland is worth a shot too. There's a sheltered sort of area with weed flats and a bit of reef. Its the sort of spot you either get 10 or 0 at.. :biggrin2: Don't forget west head for yakkas and slimies. They'll appeal a whole lot more than a pilchard to a big jewie!

Good luck!

Pittwater as been very slow for squid of late. Water looks good but not many around. The wharf has been very slow only one or two small ones over the last few weeks. The big ones should start to come in soon.

Pittwater as been very slow for squid of late. Water looks good but not many around. The wharf has been very slow only one or two small ones over the last few weeks. The big ones should start to come in soon.

same experience here, the big ones have not come in to lay. last month managed 2 tiny arrows!! on the wharf (never caught arrows there b4).

The rockpool have dried up as well :(

Thx guys im heading out friday so ill put ur your ideas into action, hopefully ill have a photo of a nice big jew with a fresh squid hanging out its mouth for you guys.

oh also is there anywhere u can buy fresh squid from bait stores? as kind of a back up?