Trailer brakes !

Nick1987k

Pretty sure mechanical ! Got a cable for the brake line ! Works on movement forward an backwards ! It's too lose once boat is of car an I pull the arm to tighten brakes an it's on it's last settin an trailer still creeps forward !

Nick

Barcrusher 610î‡

Hi Nick,

I have also got mechanical brakes and there is usually an adjuster at the town at end that you can use to tighten the cables. Cable generally stretches over time so it is normal that this has happened. If you do not have an adjuster then you will need to shorting the cable at the brake caliper end.

Hope this helps, if it doesn't make sense send me some pics.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the adjuster like a rectangle with cable one end an nut on both end ! How do u adjust it do u have to release brakes ! There s like a circle nut adjuster on a threaded bolt !

Nick

Barcrusher 610î‡

if all else fails there is also an adjuster underneath at the calipers see picture below. I usualy keep mine at tight enough so that when I use the handbrake it will only come up 3-4 clicks (5 if I realy strain on it). its the one in the middle that goes through the arm your cable is attached to.

post-8167-080782000 1338701222_thumb.jpg

keep check of your brake pads though they wear out pretty quick if you get surface rust on your discs.

Edited by oz_brett