Fish finder /sounder

KILLER355

Gday all ,

Ive got a ? about fish finder/ sounder . Im thinkng of upgrading for my quintrex 420 dory and was after a few opinions on what would be a good unit from peoples experience rather than asking a salesman what he is looking to move on . I fish mainly estuary/ bays like Botany , Lake Illawarra , Central Coast and would take it out a little further on calm days so if you can give me a heads up it would be appreciated

Thanks

I,ve just finished fitting a Lawrence HDS5gen2 to the Kingray,got it for my birthday(70)

So far only have tried the simulation, to see if it worked,came up with a map somewhere in central USA:insane:

It seems quite easy to understand, BUT the big Q is about the map card.WHich one and why??

I fish outa Crowdy and need info for this area only not SA NT etc. can anyone help here?

Went with the Lawrence as Barkley Marine has a demo set up they gave me a heads up and then let me play on it for hours

then I had to take one home, I looked at a lot of others in the 1K range and there is not all that much between them, just go with the one that turns you on and good luck.

Edited by chr42is

Depends on the depth your fishing in, the DSI units from memory read to about 60m. I have an elete 5x and I love it, it will read to 300 with the supplied transducer. But if your fishing Mostely the bay ect I'd go with the DSI.

Actually just PM huey hell set you straight, and I think he had some deals on a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Plumb

Big question is how much is the budget....

Budget is open Burnsy , just want value for money and something thats easy to use .

I,ve just finished fitting a Lawrence HDS5gen2 to the Kingray,got it for my birthday(70)

So far only have tried the simulation, to see if it worked,came up with a map somewhere in central USA:insane:

It seems quite easy to understand, BUT the big Q is about the map card.WHich one and why??

I fish outa Crowdy and need info for this area only not SA NT etc. can anyone help here?

Went with the Lawrence as Barkley Marine has a demo set up they gave me a heads up and then let me play on it for hours

then I had to take one home, I looked at a lot of others in the 1K range and there is not all that much between them, just go with the one that turns you on and good luck.

Thanks

Depends on the depth your fishing in, the DSI units from memory read to about 60m. I have an elete 5x and I love it, it will read to 300 with the supplied transducer. But if your fishing Mostely the bay ect I'd go with the DSI.

Actually just PM huey hell set you straight, and I think he had some deals on a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumb just found a site with the Elite 4 x DSI , they look good but not sure of the size . Think i may have a look at the 5x also but my boat is for the bay so not sure if its a overkill

Thanks

I use a Nauticpath map and it's more than adequate. I don't know if Lowrance still sell them. Why not give them a ring and ask. They're cheaper than the Navico maps.