What Spare parts to carry on board?

Perrotst

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has a list or over time and experience developed a kit that is kept on board to deal with potential problems. I have a brand new glass boat with a merc Optimax 115 and want to have all the bits and pieces on standby in case anything ever went wrong.

Cheers,

That's easy, the simplest thing to do is buy another identical boat. All bases covered !! Murphy's law operates on steroids for boating.

What sort of areas will you be operating in? Are you kitting out for survival or just to minimize inconvenience? Adults only or kids along too? How mechanically adept are you? How is the boat configured? All this will help get you the right advice.

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has a list or over time and experience developed a kit that is kept on board to deal with potential problems. I have a brand new glass boat with a merc Optimax 115 and want to have all the bits and pieces on standby in case anything ever went wrong.

Cheers,

Hey Buddy,

First thing I look for is gear for my trailer. I carry in my boot, a socket set, a trolley jack, and a grease pump (I have bearing mates) and spare trailer wheel is in my boot.

On the boat itself, fire extinguisher and first aid kit - I don't go off shore. I also have a sealable waterproof bag for my wallet and mobile phone. I maintain the outboard myself and run it once a month - so if it ever doesn't start its my own fault! PM me for any details and gl!

cheers,

dave

That's easy, the simplest thing to do is buy another identical boat. All bases covered !! Murphy's law operates on steroids for boating.

What sort of areas will you be operating in? Are you kitting out for survival or just to minimize inconvenience? Adults only or kids along too? How mechanically adept are you? How is the boat configured? All this will help get you the right advice.

Lol! Love to do that however mrs will have my head on a platter. Operating outside Sydney heads. I have a general mechanical knowledge and kitting for inconvenience not so much survival. The boat has general setup got all the good navigational bits and pieces, smart craft guages, dual batt setup etc. I am more concerned around the motor although new, I agree with Murphy's law.

Cheers,

Hi everyone.

Cheers,

Evening.

Im a bit o.t.t..I carry all the safety stuff as required along with a spare tyre/ hub,bearings,studs plus a full tool kit along with spare fuses,terminals,wire/cables fuel line,s/plugs,plug leads,cable ties,insulating tape,hose clamps,ass nuts n bolts,spare battery and jump leads,nav light globes,spare 15lt fuel,5lt oil,I think that just about covers it.

Regards Stu.

Honestly... I carry a jump start pack, spare fuses, cable tie some ring clamps And few tools. Any issues ive had in the past related yo fuel so i set up a new 25l tank with wuick connects and always keep it with fresh fuel. I get my motor services regularly and have radios and phone on board. I'm not realistically going to be able to diagnose and repair any thing more than something simple.

I haven't had to (touch wood) bit is some thing major wrong I'd need to call in for a tow.

Oh year join up with marine rescue and pay the small fee, for peace of mind

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Plumb