SP outfit

aeb870

Ok, so this really has been picking my brain for a week now. I am looking to add to my collection a light setup (2-4kg rod, with a 2500 model reel) mainly for soft plastics, and some estuary fishing. I was looking to only spend about $100, and I always seem to lean towards Shimano.

I have shopped around and some of the offers were:

• Shimano Sahara 7ft 2-4kg with Sedona FD 2500
  • Shimano Sonic Pro 7ft 2-4kg with Shimano Accort XT 2500 (I have never heard of this reel brand)
  • Berkley dropshot soft plastics outfit (I know nothing about these rods)

I am yet to do more shopping around this weekend, and probably decide and purchase an outfit. Most of the above are either just under $100 to about $120.

Any help would be appeciated, like I said I favor Shimano but open to suggestions.

Its always hard to go cheap. If it were me i'd bump the budget up $100. I would then suggest a 2500 Shimano Symmetre and a Jewell or Raider 2-4kg. If you keep your budget low then i'd go for a 2500 Shimano Alivio and any basic spin rod you can get. The alivio is only about $45 and worth every bit i have to say. I have had it for 3 years now and it is perfect for bream, flathead, trevally and tailor.

Good luck!

Ok, so this really has been picking my brain for a week now. I am looking to add to my collection a light setup (2-4kg rod, with a 2500 model reel) mainly for soft plastics, and some estuary fishing. I was looking to only spend about $100, and I always seem to lean towards Shimano.

I have shopped around and some of the offers were:

• Shimano Sahara 7ft 2-4kg with Sedona FD 2500
  • Shimano Sonic Pro 7ft 2-4kg with Shimano Accort XT 2500 (I have never heard of this reel brand)
  • Berkley dropshot soft plastics outfit (I know nothing about these rods)

I am yet to do more shopping around this weekend, and probably decide and purchase an outfit. Most of the above are either just under $100 to about $120.

Any help would be appeciated, like I said I favor Shimano but open to suggestions.

I have the Shimano Sahara an it's one of my favorite light fishing rod.

Hold it out for a bit longer and buy something better

or hold out and wait for a second hand one in the for sale section and scour online shop for good prices,

i just got a sedona for 65 delivered of online shop...

and a Shimano raider in near new condition for 70

or hold out and wait for a second hand one in the for sale section and scour online shop for good prices,

i just got a sedona for 65 delivered of online shop...

and a Shimano raider in near new condition for 70

lol - the forum autocorrects, obviously 'online shop' is code for 'the world's most popular internet auction site'

Thanks heaps for the answers guys, so confused right now.

The only reason why I want to spend about $100 is based on the fact that I am only just getting into SPs, haven't really tried it yet.

I have a Shimano Raider in a heavier class and they are great and yes I have already seen the Sedona online (no need to mention the site :thumbup:)

I guess I will have another shop around till I am satisfied otherwise I will wait for a decent second hand deal.