Bobin head or Apple Tree bay

Benji-martin

Hi People,

I'm heading out for hairtail on the weekend and need some information on which boat ramp is better. I have a 5.5m centre consol. I heading up to wharata bay, I normally put in at Brooklyn and drive around looking at better options.

If coming from Nth Turramurra - follow Bobbin Head Rd all the way to Bobbin Head, then at the bridge turn left across water then head up the hill and take the road on the right just after carpark and park , follow for 5 mins to Apple Tree Bay. If comming from Mt Colah take Ku-ring gai Chase Rd all the way down, it is the same rd, but on your left.

post-8890-049554300 1340099798_thumb.jpg

If coming from Nth Turramurra - follow Bobbin Head Rd all the way to Bobbin Head, then at the bridge turn left across water then head up the hill and take the road on the right just after carpark and park , follow for 5 mins to Apple Tree Bay. If comming from Mt Colah take Ku-ring gai Chase Rd all the way down, it is the same rd, but on your left.

post-8890-049554300 1340099798_thumb.jpg

what time they closing gates these days during hairtail season?

I was there last weekend until 11pm or later. All the times I have been there they have never closed the gates. So I was shcoked about people talking about gates closing. When I was a regular a year ago, they never closed the gates either.

If you are worried about the gates, go to Parsley bay boat ramp Brooklyn. Not the one next to the bridge.

I was there last weekend until 11pm or later. All the times I have been there they have never closed the gates. So I was shcoked about people talking about gates closing. When I was a regular a year ago, they never closed the gates either.

If you are worried about the gates, go to Parsley bay boat ramp Brooklyn. Not the one next to the bridge.

oh great - thanks for that info!