Need some good spots in Brooklyn

Kara1

hey guys, i'm new to this site and only recently got back into fishing after a 20 something year break. Boy somethings are different. But the reason for this post is that, on sat, 30 june i'm going up to brooklyn on a boat, never fished in a boat before so i'd like to know a few spots tha are good. i've caught some decent fish, came close to landing a 70cm kingy, but only had very light gear, but nothing worth bragging about. my aim would be a good size jewy but would be happy with anything. please help. would be much appreciated. cheers.

Have a look at the bridges, Juno point, flint and steel and gunyah point for jews and big bream. Live baits, squid (live, halves or strips) and mullet strips are best. The fish tend to be bigger in winter but harder to find. Good luck!

Cheers, Tom

Have a look at the bridges, Juno point, flint and steel and gunyah point for jews and big bream. Live baits, squid (live, halves or strips) and mullet strips are best. The fish tend to be bigger in winter but harder to find. Good luck!

Cheers, Tom

just wondering if i have the proper equipment for jews. got a 6-10 kg rod with a daiwa aird 4000 reel with 14 pound braid. not to sure what hooks to use to get jews but my other rods are setup for bream and flatties.

just wondering if i have the proper equipment for jews. got a 6-10 kg rod with a daiwa aird 4000 reel with 14 pound braid. not to sure what hooks to use to get jews but my other rods are setup for bream and flatties.

You "can" get jews on that but around the bridge pylons you'll struggle stopping them. They go like a freight train on the first run when they are of any size. With that gear i would suggest another upstream spot. Milson Island is located a km or so upstream from the road bridge. The NW corner of this island has a channel marker. This spot is fantastic for jew, flathead, bream and the odd big whiting. Live bait, mullet strips and squid are your options for the big rod while the humble prawn is hard to go past for bream and flatties. I have caught a few monster bream here. My PB of 44cm was taken from here on a mullet strip. Hook wise, it depends on the bait. For a standard livebait (mullet, yakka) i'd go for maybe a 5/0-7/0 considering the strength of your gear. For live tailor which are also fantastic, go for a 7/0-8/0. Squid can be the same but consider a snelled rig and same goes for mullet strips. I'd also recommend 30-40lb flurocarbon leader considering your gear. You could go 20lb but it would be pushing it if a big one comes along.

Good luck!

Edited by mack attack 79

Hey buddy if you are hriring your boat from up there the pylons are restricted anchoring as you will most likely lost your anchor a good spot to fish I along the other side of long island you will notice the water gets pretty deep. Burley up and you will get plenty of soapies up to 60cm flathead and bream. I've been the once on a rainy day and got 23 Jews landed in one trip between 3 of us all on plastics. You're bait but you will soon find why plastics are much preferred. The a plague proportions of catfish in the hawkesbury and chances they find your bait before anything else does is most likely

Hey buddy if you are hriring your boat from up there the pylons are restricted anchoring as you will most likely lost your anchor a good spot to fish I along the other side of long island you will notice the water gets pretty deep. Burley up and you will get plenty of soapies up to 60cm flathead and bream. I've been the once on a rainy day and got 23 Jews landed in one trip between 3 of us all on plastics. You're bait but you will soon find why plastics are much preferred. The a plague proportions of catfish in the hawkesbury and chances they find your bait before anything else does is most likely

what size and type of plastics do you recommend? I have a range of plastics but all for flatties, bream whiting and other fish of that size. Cheers mate.

what size and type of plastics do you recommend? I have a range of plastics but all for flatties, bream whiting and other fish of that size. Cheers mate.

I'm going on a mates boat.

what would be the best technique with the plastics?