chowder bay luderick

ashisnothereman

decided to go for my first blackfish outing today. rocked up at chowder at 5 and went for a long weed scrounge. managed to find a hand full of the crappiest weed known to man. i knew the blackies would be at chowder at dawn as i always see them swimming around. also had the hightide at 7am and i was in luck, first light i began burleying up and massive schools of blackies rocked up. in a matter of minutes the exiting moment of seeing the float go down for the first time, pulling up and the float doesnt resurface. FISH ON! i played with the fish a bit as i didn't have a net. i should invest in one as i would have bagged out. lost many fish to the old swing up onto the wharf manoeuvr. anyway, managed to land 5 keepers and gave 1 to another fisho. nothing like targeting a species and nailing it first go :P :P

i would have fished all day, great fun this species is, alas no weed left, and any weed i could find was even worse than previous and would not stay on the hook. if anyone would PM with any tips on obtaining weed please let me know!!!

tight lines!

post-22929-024051100 1341208045_thumb.jpg

Was down there on sat cleaned up to also got a flounder a trev big leather jacket and 5 blackies all on cabbage that a man gave me after he had baged out and was of home

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Good stuff..

Where did you fish from??

Wharf or rocks or shore??

Was the water deep or shallow and was it calm or turbulent?

Sorry for the questions am just curious

El Feroz

hey mate, it was a calm, sunny, clear day. after sunrise at hightide. fish were still biting when i left on the runout tide. i was fishing from the wharf in the corner where the front bit joins the swimming pool thing. they seem to like the structure, especially the shark net and venture out when you put you bait in.. water was deep as on hightide, but you could easily see bottom and all the fish!