Jervis bay tuna

Hi guys im new to fishraider just wondering if anyone can give me a little bit of help / advise .

I will be heading down off jervis bay this weekend in search of some tuna. Although i have Few questions .. Is anyone catching any tuna down there at the moment . Where is the best place to target them ? Do you cube or trawel ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

After a week of ordinary weather any news is old news. I haven't been fishing JB but from Sydney the fish have been patchy to the degree were one or 2 boat brain them and the rest miss completely. Probably for that reason lures have been out performing bait as if you dont stop right on them you wont find them and at least with lures you're covering some ground. Boats that have found them have had multiple hook ups so most lures are working if you put them in front of a fish. There were quite a few Albacore started to show up before this weather and the cooler water seems to be pushing up from the south so maybe bluefin would be more likely then yellowfin but only time on the water will tell. Saturday is looking good enough to expect a few boats out so if you can access the internet Saturday night you may get some more current info. Sorry I couold only give you some general info. Good Luck.

Hey Mate

I will be down fishing wide off JB sometime this weekend, weather looks exellent. Havnt heard much recently, due to crap weather but there where some bluefin & albacore caught last week. The sst charts have cloud on them but there is a good temp break showing. There are 3 different canyons on the shelf you can fish or you can then push wider looking for temp breaks & fish.

what size of boat do you have, & do you have experience in gamefishing.

(not trying to sound rude)

Regards Grant

thanks boattart

the kingie slayer - thanks for your reply, i have a 25 foot trophy with twin 150s, and have very little game fishing experience, only ever caught 1 marlin. never caught a tuna before. so any help or techniques would be greatly appreciated.

Trolling around the canyons will produce fish (at times) once you have located a school, either from hook up of a strike thats the best time to start cubing. The canyon straight out the front (the Kink) is roughly 20kms out.

Hope this helps

Cheers Grant