Clifton gardens

joseph2593

Gday raiders,

just wanting to get a few tips about fishing Clifton gardens through out the winter.

i have fished there before through out the summer and it is absolutely crowded hence why i would like to fish it in winter when it's less quiet.

i will be mainly fishing the run out tide and try to aim for dawn around 6am to start. i usually fish with bait and soft plastics. just wondering whether any raiders on here have any tips or methods on what bait or soft plastics to use in order to obtain the best result possible :biggrin2:

cheers

Gday raiders,

just wanting to get a few tips about fishing Clifton gardens through out the winter.

i have fished there before through out the summer and it is absolutely crowded hence why i would like to fish it in winter when it's less quiet.

i will be mainly fishing the run out tide and try to aim for dawn around 6am to start. i usually fish with bait and soft plastics. just wondering whether any raiders on here have any tips or methods on what bait or soft plastics to use in order to obtain the best result possible :biggrin2:

cheers

still gets crowded in winter mate. get in early and your in for some fish.

Gday raiders,

cheers

catch some yakkas then chuck em out under a float and wait for mr kingy to come along, whilst waiting chuck a squid jig around and try to upgrade your yakka bait to a squid to increase your chances.

can also go for trevally flatties bream etc while your waiting if you cant get a squid.

spent many hours on that wharf back in the day (was crowded then too lol)

I fish there pretty often but haven't had any luck lately. I caught an octopus down there a last weekend but that was pure luck!

Kingfish and trevally are the go but have seen plenty of flathead, bream and leatherjacket cuaght there too.

Good luck!

Was down there on sat heeps of blackfish around got a few.got busted twice on the pylons before landing one also got leather jackets flouder and bream.use a steady burley trail of chook pellets soaked in water and old prawns and unwaighted tiny pieces of prawn and just let it float down with the burley trail.also dont let the bait sit on the bottom for to long when it hits the bottom just wind it back in otherwise you will just get undersize fish.hope this helps you

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bump the thread but I have been wondering for a while, when people say squidding at Clifton Gardens what are the area's? Is it around the headland or do you cast to the wharf? I'm confused...

Any help would be great,

Thanks a lot,

Will