Squid

mushtaka

Went out for a quick flick tonight down at the Spit. I have found that Pittwater hasn't been producing for a while now so i thought i would try a different location. I meet two nice blokes down there that gave me a squid that they caught. I moved around a bit and managed to find 2 other smaller ones. Then a big one hit the jig. Not a massive one (28cm hood) but its been a while so pretty happy!!

Think i will give Pittwater a miss from now on! Anyone else found the same in Pittwater?

BRING ON A BIG JEWIE!!!!

Mushtaka

post-3960-033428900 1341664688_thumb.jpg

Edited by mushtaka

I've been managing a few out of pittwater but not decent numbers but the ones I have got have generally been big squid 30cm+ hoods.

Like this one went about 50cm hood.

Nice squid! The joys of having a boat....

I am land based and the 4 spots i usually do pretty well in have been really hard work this year. Hope a few big ones come my way soon!

I am thinking i might start using a yacka on a squid spike under a float.

Mushtaka

Edited by mushtaka

my mate has been having luck in pittwater around palm beach. i managed to zip up that way and got a decent cal. theres heaps of red arrows around the wharf, always seem to go home with some arrows at least. guess you have to be right place at the right time :P