Using Soft Plastics from the beach

Norto

Hi mate,

Sp's are definitely an option from the sand. Same sort of rigs should work but the retrieves are a little different. The double twitch style technique can work but its all about experimenting. Sometimes they'll hit it as soon as it hits the water, other times you'll struggle. A fast wind and pause repeated over and over should be a good starting point. Summer/Autumn is best for this though!

cheers, Tom

Hi mate,

Sp's are definitely an option from the sand. Same sort of rigs should work but the retrieves are a little different. The double twitch style technique can work but its all about experimenting. Sometimes they'll hit it as soon as it hits the water, other times you'll struggle. A fast wind and pause repeated over and over should be a good starting point. Summer/Autumn is best for this though!

cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom,

Yeah mate I have been trying lateley but no luck, may just have to use bait until the summer and then try for some whiting or something. I have been just dead sticking though could be the problem also.

Norto

Thanks Tom,

Yeah mate I have been trying lateley but no luck, may just have to use bait until the summer and then try for some whiting or something. I have been just dead sticking though could be the problem also.

Norto

have you heard of/tried using 'surf poppers'?

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=63267

i read that you can even rig up a SP on a hook with no jig head to work a similar way...

i'm gonna try it off the beach when I head down to Gerroa next week :)

Edited by user1829