Roseville Bridge this weekend

annon19

Hey Folks,

First time post. Was thinking about going down to Roseville Bridge this weekend after having some luck in Middle harbour in the last fortnight. Not too familiar with the area, any advice? Bait? Rig? Was thinking about picking up some bream and trevs.

Cheers

Simon

Hey Folks,

First time post. Was thinking about going down to Roseville Bridge this weekend after having some luck in Middle harbour in the last fortnight. Not too familiar with the area, any advice? Bait? Rig? Was thinking about picking up some bream and trevs.

Cheers

Simon

welcome to FR - this topic has been covered extensivly for the last week!!!

all the answers are here: http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showforum=7

:thumbup:

Hey

This is my first post as I have only just discovered you wonderful people.

I would love any help with Roseville info also. Or any other family friendly land based spots. My kids are 4, 7 and 9. Would love to get into a few more keepers to keep the interest up.

Thanks in advance

Hey

This is my first post as I have only just discovered you wonderful people.

I would love any help with Roseville info also. Or any other family friendly land based spots. My kids are 4, 7 and 9. Would love to get into a few more keepers to keep the interest up.

Thanks in advance

PM sent mate

Managed to sneak out of work for an hour at Roseville today. I think I fished the last hour to dead low tide, so I guess that was probably the worst time possible.

Fished one rod with a whole ganged pilchard and one with an unweighted prawn. Managed to get a beautiful hour in the sun with no fish interrupting my afternoon!! hmmmmm, I think I need more practice.

I was on the sandy side from opposite the ramp and wandered to opposite the kayak steps.

I was in Coles and they had fancy green peeled prawns on special, so I used those. Is that OK? They were pretty big....tasty looking to me, almost got a fire going and cooked the rest up :)

Managed to sneak out of work for an hour at Roseville today. I think I fished the last hour to dead low tide, so I guess that was probably the worst time possible.

Fished one rod with a whole ganged pilchard and one with an unweighted prawn. Managed to get a beautiful hour in the sun with no fish interrupting my afternoon!! hmmmmm, I think I need more practice.

I was on the sandy side from opposite the ramp and wandered to opposite the kayak steps.

I was in Coles and they had fancy green peeled prawns on special, so I used those. Is that OK? They were pretty big....tasty looking to me, almost got a fire going and cooked the rest up :)

You CAN use those but personally i don't. Even normal servo prawns are better. To tell you the truth i have been getting all my fish there on them! Bad luck too. High Tide/Run in is certainly preferable.

You CAN use those but personally i don't. Even normal servo prawns are better. To tell you the truth i have been getting all my fish there on them! Bad luck too. High Tide/Run in is certainly preferable.

If my Coles prawns are under servo prawns, what's above servo prawns?

Just a tip for the new members & a reminder for some of the older ones. :biggrin2:

Type "Roseville" into the SEARCH function just below your user name & you will find

heaps of info on the place & how to fish it.

Cheers,

Grant.

What was your set up?

How light was the line you were using.

Were you using much lead?

What size was your hook?

The more info we get the more we can help. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

was there last night fishing the last three hours of the run in tide to catch 2 tiny tailors, two tiny breams, and one yakka. on lightly weighted prawns and chicken breast.

the live bait didn't get touched

it really made roseville look really bad despite all the good reports there

will try again but not any time soon, roseville will be like a last resort option after catching nothing worth bragging about

Edited by sam bros

Yeah bad luck mate. Despite my recent success at roseville it certainly is a summer place. Summer you get a lot of school jew and big flathead. Sure there are a few bream and trevally during winter but i'm going o ease off it for a while and wait for the warmer water. The odd school of kings and bonito should come down in summer too!

was there last night fishing the last three hours of the run in tide to catch 2 tiny tailors, two tiny breams, and one yakka. on lightly weighted prawns and chicken breast.

the live bait didn't get touched

it really made roseville look really bad despite all the good reports there

will try again but not any time soon, roseville will be like a last resort option after catching nothing worth bragging about

Is that the first time you fished there?

I have a soft spot for the place as I did catch my 1st ever Jew there many moons ago.

By memory it was on about my 8th trip fishing that spot.

This isn't the time of year when it's at it's best either.

I can't remember too many spots around Sydney where I smashed the fish 1st time out especially if I was using bought bait. :wacko:

Keep at it with live or self caught bait & you might be surprised at the results.

Cheers,

Grant.

Guest leisureman

Hey Raider's,

How does the far side go & upper reaches, flicking lures between the trees from a kayak. Fished there the other night with no luck, just a small whiting on prawns.Cheers.

Hey Raider's,

How does the far side go & upper reaches, flicking lures between the trees from a kayak. Fished there the other night with no luck, just a small whiting on prawns.Cheers.

Great spot to flick some lures for bream upstream. There are also a few deeper holes that hold good jew at times. Flathead are plentiful upstream too. One thing i will say is be careful upstream as there are a fair few bull sharks during summer. Most are just juveniles but bigger ones hang around from time to time. Used to see them chasing mullet when fishing SP from the bank. Having said this, i've purchased a Pro Angler Kayak recently and will still fish there... Bring on summer!