Reef Magic - Saturday report

Well today turned out a lot harder than most boats expected & left us with a disappointed group & a devastated crew. We only heard 1 bluefin & 2 yellowfin caught + heaps of albies.

For us we went zeros but conditions haven't really changed much,.. temps same & current the same. I'm sure we will see more especially after hearing big fish caught off Kiama yesterday,

I'm sure the moon is playing a part & it will be a day to day thing until the new moon.

We have cancelled tomorrow due to the forecast but will be out on Monday.

Good luck if you get out.

Cheers

Damo

Hi Damo

You can,t win them all ,as they say.

You guys have had great results lately and I can appreciate your clients and crew being disappointed but them,s the breaks.

Monday and Tuesday seem to be looking better.

Have been enjoying your reports even after a day like today.

Keep it up mate.

Paddy

1342269867[/url]' post='450520']

Well today turned out a lot harder than most boats expected & left us with a disappointed group & a devastated crew. We only heard 1 bluefin & 2 yellowfin caught + heaps of albies.

For us we went zeros but conditions haven't really changed much,.. temps same & current the same. I'm sure we will see more especially after hearing big fish caught off Kiama yesterday,

I'm sure the moon is playing a part & it will be a day to day thing until the new moon.

Cheers

Damo

Hi Damon,

Will be out on Monday on Shooting Star, what channel will you be on.

Stewart

Cheers

Damo

G'day Damo,

I'll be out on mine on Monday and Cammo's taking Tintola out as well - will give Mike a call if we come across anything.

Cheers

Marty

Was going to head towards Heatons but looks like a change of plan and will be heading towards Kiama Canyons as there were massive schools of Bluefin found there over the weekend and according to SST charts there looks like a few nice temp breaks around. Anybody else heading that way?

Was going to head towards Heatons but looks like a change of plan and will be heading towards Kiama Canyons as there were massive schools of Bluefin found there over the weekend and according to SST charts there looks like a few nice temp breaks around. Anybody else heading that way?

Yeah mate - we're doing same.

We were planning on Sydney wide but now heading wide of the Kiama Canyons until we find the break.

Give us a call on channel 21 any time during the day - REEL GAME and also TINTOLA - both Sailfish cats.

Cheers

Marty

Edited by Secho

Bad luck on saturday mate. We finally were able to get out but it looked like we missed the action by a few days. We didn't get anything decent either. I had a good take on the cube near sunset and before I got too excited a big mako was leaping out the back of the boat. Was a bit of fun for 10mins before my trace wore through.

Good luck tomorrow!

G'day Damo,

I'll be out on mine on Monday and Cammo's taking Tintola out as well - will give Mike a call if we come across anything.

Cheers

Marty

Hey Marty,

Good luck if you head south..... yes the water seems to have moved a little further south. Don't be surprised if we get them up this way tomorrow.

Good luck

Cheers

Damo

Yeah mate - we're doing same.

We were planning on Sydney wide but now heading wide of the Kiama Canyons until we find the break.

Give us a call on channel 21 any time during the day - REEL GAME and also TINTOLA - both Sailfish cats.

Cheers

Marty

Hi Marty, hope you guys had luck today. Saw your trailers in the car park but couldn't get a hold of you on the radio. Geez it was blowing hard in the morning, especially when your in a centre console . Headed back in around 2pm with no luck, found a few good temp breaks but no fin. Let us know how you went.

Cheers

Stacko

Hi Marty, hope you guys had luck today. Saw your trailers in the car park but couldn't get a hold of you on the radio. Geez it was blowing hard in the morning, especially when your in a centre console . Headed back in around 2pm with no luck, found a few good temp breaks but no fin. Let us know how you went.

Cheers

Stacko

We trolled to the Canyons then wide and back up north - 7am till 7pm

Temp was around the 17 degrees most of the day - water colour and clarity was pretty ordinary.

My boat didn't turn a reel all day - my mates boat hooked up a yellowfin on sundown estimated 45kg - lost it on the gaff shot.

Cheers

Marty