Anyone fish wide off Sydney yesterday ?

stacko69

Hi Raiders, Wandering if anyone had more luck than me yesterday. I thought it was a good idea to drive from Sydney to Port Kembla boat ramp yesterday and head wide to see if I could find myself some tuna. Wish I had stayed in my warm bed because those westerlies early in the morning hammered me. Not a good idea to head out in a centre console in those conditions but I'm desperate to find a tuna. Heading out east of Browns tomorrow so wandering if anyone was out there yesterday with some news.

Slim pickings mate. Most of the fleet are going zeros on the bluefin.

Only one or two boats caught blues. Worth a shot if you're desperate.

Cheers

Red

We took 2 boats out of Kembla yesterday too - trolled to the Canyons then wide and back up north - 7am till 7pm

Temp was around the 17 degrees most of the day - water colour and clarity was pretty ordinary.

My boat didn't turn a reel all day - my mates boat hooked up a yellowfin on sundown estimated 45kg - lost it on the gaff shot.

Cheers

Marty

Don't worry mate you were not the only one we left from Windsor at 3 in the morning drove down to port kembla drove out to the canyons then trolled out to 2500 fathoms line then north then back to the shelf and didn't turn a reel very frustrating when they have been there in numbers the day before heard one boat hook a fish and lost it at bout 10 then only heard of reel game the sailfish have a four way hookup on the 1000 fathom line at 430 all boated and up to 70kg according to the radio chatter very very frustrating hope we get another go at them before they disappear cheers luke

Hi Raiders, Wandering if anyone had more luck than me yesterday. I thought it was a good idea to drive from Sydney to Port Kembla boat ramp yesterday and head wide to see if I could find myself some tuna. Wish I had stayed in my warm bed because those westerlies early in the morning hammered me. Not a good idea to head out in a centre console in those conditions but I'm desperate to find a tuna. Heading out east of Browns tomorrow so wandering if anyone was out there yesterday with some news.

Hey Stacko

I'm most likely going to be out tomorrow, but not planning on heading any further east than browns, mainly planning on bottom bashing but will throw out a line or two on the way in and out in hope of a random.

I'm in a white quinnie with yellow and blue logo (pure spirit) I'll be on 21 call sign pure spirit.

cheers noah

Don't worry mate you were not the only one we left from Windsor at 3 in the morning drove down to port kembla drove out to the canyons then trolled out to 2500 fathoms line then north then back to the shelf and didn't turn a reel very frustrating when they have been there in numbers the day before heard one boat hook a fish and lost it at bout 10 then only heard of reel game the sailfish have a four way hookup on the 1000 fathom line at 430 all boated and up to 70kg according to the radio chatter very very frustrating hope we get another go at them before they disappear cheers luke

Mate, my boat is sailfish "Reel Game" - might be a bit of a mix up there somewhere - we didn't turn a reel at all yesterday.

My mates sailfish "Tintola" hooked up on Sundown but that was it for the day

Cheers

Marty

Billseeker we had the fin up around 3:00pm and played until dark. We worked the 1500 Fathoms most the day but on the way out in the morning I had some good marks in the 500 so I decided to head back to these in the Arvo. Its Dennis mate, how is Changs, I bet he would have sore head after his Birthday weekend.

Went out past browns today, without any sucess.

Tried to bottom bash browns but the current was fast, even had the motor in gear and could not hold bottom.

Heard some of the guys on 21 getting on to fin and a long liner working the area.

Very rough day in a 6mtr getting out and back in.

Paddy

Went out past browns today, without any sucess.

Tried to bottom bash browns but the current was fast, even had the motor in gear and could not hold bottom.

Heard some of the guys on 21 getting on to fin and a long liner working the area.

Very rough day in a 6mtr getting out and back in.

Paddy

thanks for the post, think I might save the fuel and head to longie instead

We went out to give it a crack, with not much luck. We managed to find some great temp beaks SE of the canyons we put in the hours and only managed one albacore.the weather wasn't the best yesterday, Hats off to the charters who go out day in and day out, I feel battered today.

We went out to give it a crack, with not much luck. We managed to find some great temp beaks SE of the canyons we put in the hours and only managed one albacore.the weather wasn't the best yesterday, Hats off to the charters who go out day in and day out, I feel battered today.

Me also , got 15mile SE of Browns and it was pumping, Landed 2 albacore ..... came across Long Liner bouys and that made me head for home. 2mile out from botany head seen a massive seal over 100kgs easy smashing into a huge squid or cuttle fish flicking it into the air and just shredding it... awsome sight of the day.