shellharbour wide today

lukeric

Went for a troll off Shellharbour today, dropped the lures in at 200ftm water 18.3 trolled out to 1000ftm with water to 18.6 the best we could nmanage,then turn north, then back to shelf where we pulled the lures and ran in, in 60thm water dropped to 16.3 and there were fin jumpin out of the water, showed markings on the sounder, so out go lures again, for a few rounds of area for zero.

Water was not a good colour.

Edited by lukeric

Is Shellharbour your home port? I'm from Shellharbour but I haven't ventured out wide yet I mainly fish for snapper and kings but I am keen to start doing some game fishing when my new boats ready to go. How long does it take you to get out where the fin are and what size boat do you have?

Edited by Black Magic

Is Shellharbour your home port? I'm from Shellharbour but I haven't ventured out wide yet I mainly fish for snapper and kings but I am keen to start doing some game fishing when my new boats ready to go. How long does it take you to get out where the fin are and what size boat do you have?

Hi BM, Yeah i live in Mt Warrigal.

Depending on conditions we usually run to the shelf (bout 14mile)in about 45-90min depending on conditions then head east from there. If its going to take me any longer than that i dont want to out in the conditions.

Mind you its surprising how close fin sometimes come, two years ago we were gettting Albacore 2 mile off bass point.

My Rig is a 5.5m platey custom built. Usually run out to the shelf on 15-20l of juice.

Hows the snapper fishin been goin?, went out friday arvo to flick some plastic off Minnamurra but wind made it a bit hard, did manage some under size kings though.

If u see me round come say Gday..Luke.

post-4064-053199600 1342605550_thumb.jpg

Hey Luke I've seen your boat before nice looks bigger than 5.5m looks like you have a really good set up. Snapper fishing was good a month ago we got a 5kg one off minnamurra along with a couple of 2.5 and 3kg but went out the other week an got nothing. I'll Say g'day if I see you thanks for the reply -John.

Went for a troll off Shellharbour today, dropped the lures in at 200ftm water 18.3 trolled out to 1000ftm with water to 18.6 the best we could nmanage,then turn north, then back to shelf where we pulled the lures and ran in, in 60thm water dropped to 16.3 and there were fin jumpin out of the water, showed markings on the sounder, so out go lures again, for a few rounds of area for zero.

Water was not a good colour.

hi mate... we were out wide to browns and heatons.... thence se of browns for 1 alby... no bluefin.. but the reports were flowing in on triple hookups on yellowfin...bit of a bummer... chaulked well over 140 nautical miles....i think by the sounds of things cubing was good on this day... the go....probably accounted for the big no/s of albys hooked up..... our spread only produced 1 alby for the day...thats 3 times weve been out chasing the bluefin with zero!!!!!thats fishing.. good luck down there///