Last Night Jew

Hay Guys,

Went for a spinn last night down at Windang with a mate and brother-in-law. Weather reports did say 16kph winds it was more like 30kph. We drove for 40min so there was no way i was not going to flick for a while. First cast got a solid hit then a nice run on my 4kg gear after a 5min fight against the fish and current landed a nice 70cm Jewfish. Between the 3 of us we managed a few flathead each between us over a few hours.

By the end off it could not waut to get back in the car to defrost but it was a good night with mates.

post-20633-015880600 1343445447_thumb.jpg

Nice fish mate! Is a jewfish a regular thing on lures? I'm just starting to get into chasing them and would love to have a crack at as many techniques and combinations to find my preferred choice!

Nice fish mate! Is a jewfish a regular thing on lures? I'm just starting to get into chasing them and would love to have a crack at as many techniques and combinations to find my preferred choice!

I'm not sure! In the last 3 months I have pulled 6 out and the biggest went around 90cm (i'm guessing). Always go there chasing flathead but have been getting s few of then along the way.

Maybe some other Raiders my be able to help on this one. But I do know that they are only there on the run out tide. Sorry I can't help any more then that wish i could.

Edited by jaysondanielgraham

Jewies are definitely a target on lures. Both SP and Hard Bodies. In fact, at times lures are far more effective than bait! Fishing with SP and lightish gear means you'll get a great fight out of them too :thumbup: