Downrigger advice needed

Robofish

Raiders,

I want to buy my first downrigger and have a rough idea of what I need but any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. I generally fish the harbour or Broken Bay - what kind of weight would I need?

I know site rules will not allow any information on the best make or where to buy the downrigger itself but if you have any info please pm me.

Thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey mate

i invested in a cannon DR with 10# weight does the job for me, when i get a chance to use it that is ultimately still learning to use it.

other good brand is scotty which is an aussie brand also a good D/R. have a look at the site sponsors as a first option but online shopping is hard to beat sometimes

other good brand is scotty which is an aussie brand also a good D/R. have a look at the site sponsors as a first option but online shopping is hard to beat sometimes

Scotty is a Canadian brand not Aussie. As far as which is best your either a Scotty or Cannon man. They are both good just like fords and holdens. 7lb weights are more than enough for the harbour.

I bought a Scotty with 10lb weight off the internet from the US for $250 delivered. Retail for the same product here was more than $500. A few weeks ago though I noticed a solid looking downrigger in Narrabeen for around $200.

Looking forward to giving it a workout in October. That said, Fishing Monthly NSW reporting July kings in Pittwater via downrigger.

Scotty is a Canadian brand not Aussie. As far as which is best your either a Scotty or Cannon man. They are both good just like fords and holdens. 7lb weights are more than enough for the harbour.

My bad mate to many :beersmile: last night