Squid...where are they?

ssantoro

Is the actual wharf under construction? Does this mean no fishing on it for now??

Definitely mate! Some old timers rate it as good as squid for jews. The tentacles are the best part. Good bream on it too!

yea mate the fishing part is fenced off last time i was there. had a site office and everything. the top of the swimming enclosure is also fenced off

G'day mate, like many have suggested, 8 to 12lb leader should fix your snags. Being in the weed is good. I keep an old toothbrush with me to quickly get the weed out of the barbs. Works a treat.

Cheers

It seems Oz have yet to discover the fine delicacy of occy :)

Oh flattyfinder I'm up for a squid hunting if you're up for it.

I've been squidding the northern beaches but they have failed me miserably for 1 year :( :(

Would love for you to show me around.

i tried to eat one and it was probably the worst idea i ever had. rather just go buy an eraser and eat that. im sure with the right know-how sydney octopus could be a delicious meal. i heard they sell for $10 ea. at markets.

Yeah I know it's been tough I've lost a squid jig too! To some sand bags at watsons bay, but I have been catching a lot of cuttlefish fish yes the alien looking squids cousin! I've frozen them for my next jewie session. Mate try watsons bay or next Luna park at kirribili wharf try the 1.8-2.0 grm jigs in bright orange or pink colours with glow in the strip on its belly,yo zuri brand always works for me. let it sink down and give it a couple of gentle twitches every couple of minutes and retrieve slowly once you feel weight, oh another tip is try some s-factor (comes in a tube with the squidgy pro range soft plastics) on your squid jig hope this helps let me know how you go. And remember persistence pays off they are there. Also try using 12 pound leader berkley vanish fluro will help reduce lost jigs if your going to light

Tight lines,

Shakeel

The orange squid jigs ay? I told ya, wait til summer and swim out there and get it =p

See you there again soon brother