Narrabeen lake: access to Middle Creek

Gunter

Just wondering if it's possible to park in the grounds of the Sports Academy and access the lake from there, just south of Middle Creek? I assume everything further south along the golf course is out of bounds anyway?

Don't know about the academy ( you probably could) but you can definitely park on the "spit" of middle creek. Heading north passing the academy on the right, over mid creek, turn right.

Yes I'm aware of that but last few times I looked it was a building site. Anyone know if they have finished? Anyone approached it from the academy side?

Not sure about Middle Creek but there's parking at Deep Creek. I rate the fishing at deep creek better too. Good bream and flatties with the odd EP and bass. Haven't caught EP's and Bass here but i know someone who has from there kayak. Summer is best though..

Not sure about Middle Creek but there's parking at Deep Creek. I rate the fishing at deep creek better too. Good bream and flatties with the odd EP and bass. Haven't caught EP's and Bass here but i know someone who has from there kayak. Summer is best though..

On reading this first I thought you'd confused the two creeks ;-) But looking at Google Earth, I can see the inland turnoff from Wakehurst Parkway and the car park a couple of hundred meters or so down the track. Must confess that I was thinking of fishing the mouths of the creeks rather than so far in. But it looks a nice spot (from outer space at least...) and I might give it a go. Soft plastics territory I suppose?

Also, the water there can't have much salinity at all. Surprised to hear of flatties and bream there.

Edited by Gunter

On reading this first I thought you'd confused the two creeks ;-) But looking at Google Earth, I can see the inland turnoff from Wakehurst Parkway and the car park a couple of hundred meters or so down the track. Must confess that I was thinking of fishing the mouths of the creeks rather than so far in. But it looks a nice spot (from outer space at least...) and I might give it a go. Soft plastics territory I suppose?

Also, the water there can't have much salinity at all. Surprised to hear of flatties and bream there.

Definitely bream and flatties mate! Caught them there before. The mouth is quite shallow but areas around it are worth a cast. HB's and SP's are the go in Deep Creek. Its ideal to fish it from a yak but if you walk the bank and cast small hardbodies and 80mm wrigglers into the snags then you should find some fish. An EP if your lucky!

Cheers, Tom

Definitely bream and flatties mate! Caught them there before. The mouth is quite shallow but areas around it are worth a cast. HB's and SP's are the go in Deep Creek. Its ideal to fish it from a yak but if you walk the bank and cast small hardbodies and 80mm wrigglers into the snags then you should find some fish. An EP if your lucky!

Cheers, Tom

Great, many thanks for your advice, much appreciated! I keep plugging away at Narrabeen Lake without much success but appreciate it's winter and the place is not exactly firing. Can't wait for summer, but in the meantime I'll try to focus a bit more on the Western side: a few good sunny days might warm up the shallows a little bit... (then again, the creek waters must be a bit colder!).

Great, many thanks for your advice, much appreciated! I keep plugging away at Narrabeen Lake without much success but appreciate it's winter and the place is not exactly firing. Can't wait for summer, but in the meantime I'll try to focus a bit more on the Western side: a few good sunny days might warm up the shallows a little bit... (then again, the creek waters must be a bit colder!).

During summer, (February-April in particular) there are some MONSTER flatties up the back of the lake. Look for drop offs or shallow flats dropping into deep water. Know people who have caught flatties to 107cm in the lake! Big paddletails and even trolling small minnows can be productive! Live mullet will catch a few as well!

During summer, (February-April in particular) there are some MONSTER flatties up the back of the lake. Look for drop offs or shallow flats dropping into deep water. Know people who have caught flatties to 107cm in the lake! Big paddletails and even trolling small minnows can be productive! Live mullet will catch a few as well!

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas :thumbup:

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas :thumbup:

I heard last night that there have actually been a fair few EP's around lately. A few in deep creek but apparently the hotspot is woolies bridge at night on SP. Basically fish for flathead and if they're there they will hit your SP's. Bit cold for night at the moment for me though.. If your keen then definitely give it a crack!