Hook Covers: How do you keep them sharp yet safe?

G'day Andrew

I use covers for most of my rigged lures. But I have had gun ho mates throw them into the spread without removing said covers.

I also use 25mm diameter and up heatshrink as sleeves for the business end of trolling skirts that are in the lure rolls, to minimise the mess that occurs when you manage to 'accumulate' more than the roll is designed for. Let me know if you want a better description.

Cheers Leo

G'day Andrew

I use covers for most of my rigged lures. But I have had gun ho mates throw them into the spread without removing said covers.

I also use 25mm diameter and up heatshrink as sleeves for the business end of trolling skirts that are in the lure rolls, to minimise the mess that occurs when you manage to 'accumulate' more than the roll is designed for. Let me know if you want a better description.

Cheers Leo

Hey Leo,

Thats a good point, removing the covers before dropping them over the side haha. A lot of people forget them in the excitement of it all.

Thanks for letting us know how you do it. I like finding out how others set up their gear.

Anyone else got some great ideas?

Tight Lines,

Andrew

SBC