port kembla south wall

mr.e.p.d

As recently as last week they had an advisory on PKPC website saying that the breakwall will be closed till 31 Aug to deploy the concrete blocks.

But cant see the notice today as they added new news item.

So it may mean its reopen or else only the top 3 news item shows up on thier webpage and the damn thing is still closed.

FYI it was closed throughout July period.

I've never fished the south wall only the north wall about half a dozen times. I was given the impression that south wall was restricted to public access.

I remember several years back I was taken to the south wall and there was no access, just a turnstyle gate. Perhaps this gate is not locked and we overlooked it!

Also, what are the concrete blocks like on the south wall? The ones on the north wall are very awkward with very few spots giving a good fishing platform to stand on.

I've never fished the south wall only the north wall about half a dozen times. I was given the impression that south wall was restricted to public access.

I remember several years back I was taken to the south wall and there was no access, just a turnstyle gate. Perhaps this gate is not locked and we overlooked it!

Also, what are the concrete blocks like on the south wall? The ones on the north wall are very awkward with very few spots giving a good fishing platform to stand on.

I find the south wall worse than the north... the northern wall has a nice man made pavement, making the hike down the wall very comfortable, as opposed to the souths rocky and uneven walkway. Also the rock ledges on the south wall, go out too far, more than the northern wall, making it difficult to bring up fish.

Stick to what works :thumbup:

Guest Aussie007

theirs great fishing at the south break wall but if your not a gymnast or a swimming athlete give it a miss people are getting washed in and die all the time at this spot if u do go you'll often see fisherman using rope to tie them selfs to the light pole in case a wave hits and they get washed in its a dangerous spot for fishing and should just be closed to all public access imo

Guest Aussie007

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I'll stick to the northern break wall if I head down there again.

If only they had made those boulders smaller.

they made those boulders for a purpose and it wasnt for fishing :1fishing1: lol the south break wall fishes great from boat a few years ago we were pulling in 75cm kingy one after another also caught a amber jack there as well

My experience on the south wall was a bad one.

I got busted off more often than not due to the above mentioned rock layout. The ledges go out too far.

Also the water seems very temperamental e.g it will easily raise 2 -3 meters in relation to the swell compared to the north wall....I remember watching it before I climbed down. I saw a nice rock about 2 meters below where I was standing...I decided to watch for about 30 mins before setting up and sure enough the water rose to my feet in seconds before going out to sea again..I could have easily gone with it..

I would recommend the north wall or the beach at the base of hill 60.