Electric Motors

tentonner

Hi raiders, just wondering if anyone has anyone experience with the Jarvis Marine SWRT bow mount motor? The reason I ask is I am keen to buy it due to the fact it comes with a remote control and a foot pedal where it seems everything in the minn Kota range is twice the price? Just wondering if anyone could offer opinions on these motors. I'm aware the Minn Kota are probably better but they are really out of my price range ATM. So if anyone knows anything about these Jarvis marine motors would love to hear any feedback before I go and buy one.

Cheers

My first electric was a watersnake bow mount and it served me well for a couple of years. It is an excellent fresh water motor but you will need to ensure you clean it really well after salt water use. I reckon the biggest difference between my old watersnake and my Minn Kota is the warranty service you get from Minn Kota. The support from watersnake was painful and frustrating, whereas Minn Kota have been brilliant. If you can wait a little longer and save more money I would strongly encourage you to wait and buy a Minn Kota. Cheers Basscatcher

Thanks for the reply mate. Interesting but from what I've read customer service from JW has mostly been better than MK. Dunno what to make of it but appreciate the reply, will have to review the finances but def leaning towards the jarvis walker ATM.

Thanks for the reply mate. Interesting but from what I've read customer service from JW has mostly been better than MK. Dunno what to make of it but appreciate the reply, will have to review the finances but def leaning towards the jarvis walker ATM.

That was my experience but seeing that it was 4 years ago their warranty service may have improved.