Long reef kings/Bonny sesh

T jack

Hit long reef in my mates boat on Monday. We put in at collaroy ramp witch was at low tide. and at 5am still very dark.

It was our first time at this ramp. We got the boat in but it wasn't fun at all. Won't be going there again.

We went to the wall first up and was happy to see big schools off Bonny's busting up so out go the halco twistys.

First cast and I hook up to one get it in and my mates on. He gets a good size Bonny at around 75 mark .

We keep at it and see kings mixed in the school . Next thing we are onto kings. Only rats but good fun.

We land a couple and then Start to send out berley trail. Not a lot happend with that but then we see the kings busting up again.

So we cast out some 10gram twistys again and get totally smoked . This school had much bigger kings in it.

With a 4/7kg out fit and only in 18/20m off water it was never going to end well. It's good to get smashed now and then.

Makes you remember how hard they go.

All the schools where very very easily spooked . So it was a case off using lite gear and getting off a long cast and then

Getting smacked on the reef. Or getting in close with the 30/50 pound spin gear and spooking the hole school because they

Where zoned in on very small white bait even the splash off a 7 inch jerk shad would make them spook.

After such a great day we still had the problem off getting the boat back on the trailer. It was on our mind all day.

It was low tide again and we knew it wasn't going to be fun as the wind was up a little now. But we got it back on after a few try's

Can't wait for summer if winter already has kings busting up on top. It's Gunna be a good season.

What is the best ramp to get to Long Reef close? I am looking into taking my boat out that way and need to look into finding a good ramp as my Trailer boat is a decent size and may be a bit to much to handle at a rough ramp , and also need to consider parking as the car and trailer will be around 52 foot long.

Regards,

Rob

What is the best ramp to get to Long Reef close? I am looking into taking my boat out that way and need to look into finding a good ramp as my Trailer boat is a decent size and may be a bit to much to handle at a rough ramp , and also need to consider parking as the car and trailer will be around 52 foot long.

Regards,

Rob

Rob,

Your BMT + car is 52 foot long ?

is the boat something like 35ft and the car 17ft ?

That's one hell of a rig and using public boat ramps would be very hard to manage to launch and park.

Do yu have any photos ?

My guess is that it may suit a mooring / docking setup....

Tony

Hey TJack,

Mate it's the smokings that give us the urge for REVENGE !

When we get the fish, we are keen to get back there and get another.

But when we get HUMILIATED like that - its more a case of "Get outta my way man, else I'll knock you over ! I've got a score to settle !"

It's heads-down serious PAYBACK time....

That's what gets me back....

Well it used to get me back when my back was 100%..too many yellowfin over the years, then too much yabbie pumping action.

Now, if I want a big kingie it's 600lb jinkai all the way to a 130lb leader and tie the lot off on the rear bollard !

Can't do it any other way.....

Tony

Regards,

Rob

if that's your boat in your ID pic you'd be looking at Roseville if you live on the north side.either that or a crew that really know their SH&t failing that some good insurance and a need for cash !

Rob,

Your BMT + car is 52 foot long ?

is the boat something like 35ft and the car 17ft ?

That's one hell of a rig and using public boat ramps would be very hard to manage to launch and park.

Do yu have any photos ?

My guess is that it may suit a mooring / docking setup....

Tony

Either that or the draw bar is 15 foot long lol

Either that or the draw bar is 15 foot long lol

Not necessarily, I tow a 25ft cat on a tri-axle trailer for work behind an f250,trailer with draw bars would be pushing 30ft, the car itself is 25ft long... all adds up pretty quick. Good luck trying to get a 'quick' coffee anywhere...

Edited by BDNC_Pirates