Port Hacking today

Choicebro

Decided to go for a fish today despite the breeze, westerly i think it was.

Spent a couple of hours drifting in front of the entrance to Port hacking near Jibbon beach but more towards the middle of the 2 points.

Not much happening and then the wind died off to virtually nothing.

Right I thought, I'm going to venture a bit wider.

So I set off for a new spot and stopped off of shark island, I think I was maybe a couple of hundred metres from the shore.

Chucked over a rod with a pilchard tail on it, well travelled pilchard I must say this was the 3rd trip i have had with them lol...

No I'm not a miser, I keep the bait frozen in a cooler and only thaw what I will use.

A few bites in I got what I consider to be a monster flathed, well monster for me and certainly my PB flatty.

Came in at just over 51cm. Keep in mind that I only caught my first flathead keeper last week and that only just made the limit.

Ended up getting a couple more but not the size the first one was. All in all a great day.

Now time for a beer and to watch the rest of the Bledisloe cup ( ps, Go the All Blacks!!)

Cheers

Kel

post-23852-023146200 1345882857_thumb.jpg

post-23852-048235500 1345883037_thumb.jpg

Was out on the yak for 2 hours taking a mate for his first time on a yak we fishing dolans burraneer or gunnamatta

he caught a thumper whiting and heaps of other breams and snapper ( undersized) all on blades

His first fish on a blade 35 cm whiting and I've never even caught a whiting on a blade

Grats on your trip A Dawg,

Thanks again all for the replies, it really has been a long time coming.

I have been fishing AU waters since moving here in 2004 and this is only the 3rd time I have been able to catch fish worthy of putting on the table.

I have a good record when it comes to trapping blue swimmers back in Newcastle where I lived for the last 4 years. Sadly though I cant trap in the hacking.

Still I am keen and have alot to learn...

I am getting a taste now for homemade flatty in beer batter so I hope the luck continues.

Tight lines to all and hopefully I can post another report soon :thumbup:

Cheers

Kel

I took the kids out for 3 hours Sunday arvo out the front of Jibbon and managed a dozen flathead to 49cm then Monday went south for a snapper fish. Not much luck on the Reds but as we were packing up had a run that turned into a 62cm Snapper at a bit over 3.5kg. Stopped on the way back again for few more flathead around the same area.

If you're interested in Blue swimmers in the next couple of months it might be worth a trip to Botany Bay to drop a couple of hats.