Great Day Avoca Way

Gatte

Hi all,

Thought I'd share a great days fishing that my better half and I shared. Started off early this morning with the low tide just before 9am. I was on my lonesome and didn't have to wait long before I pulled in a 70cm salmon. It was a long, fun fight and I seemed to lose track of the school so I headed back home for some breakfast.

My partner decided that it was a quality day and some tanning down on the beach was in order, so off we went again, around the 11 o'clock mark. Of course, I took the surf rod down again and it was only a short wait before we hooked up and Chantell landed her very first salmon and her biggest ever fish :)

Not to be outdone I rebated and caught myself another salmon shortly after. But we weren't done there... Fresh bait and we cast out again. Noticed a tap on the rod, so I struck and we were back in. Started to wind but knew it was chantells turn to bring in a fish, so she took over and was in for a bigger fight than either of us realized.

We worked together and finally beached our biggest ever catch each and a first port Jackson shark!!

65a17066-ce86-e719.jpg

65a17066-ce9a-ccf0.jpg

65a17066-ceb2-4e54.jpg

65a17066-cec5-d369.jpg

65a17066-ced7-b37d.jpg

65a17066-cee6-044b.jpg

We had a blast! Can't wait to go Jew hunting tonight!

Happy fishing

Gatts

Nice report mate, congrats to you and your partner, looks like you were fishing that hole just near the shark tower,

I might get down there for an arvo high tide later in the week.. :thumbup:

Not too bad - Like you I am still trying to familarise myself with the area. I scored 2 at Wagstaffe and nil at hardy's bay. I them moved over to Empire Bay and got another 2. All in all it was a top day to be out fishing. I was talking to an old guy about fishing Wagstaffe and he told me that years ago you had to book your spot it was that busy.

It's funny how times change - we had the spot totally to ourselves

gav