Baitcaster Advice

mattyg_16

Hey guys,

With the bass season now open I am keen to get back into them, but I want to give it a go using a baitcaster. I am normally a spinning reel man but the country I will be fishing in will require tight and accurate casts. I have googled a couple of major brands but not sure what type or size would be suited to bass. I would have a limit of $300 max I would spend. Can anyone help me out here, or recommend their prefered baitcaster.

Matt

Curado's are a tough little reel! However, i have the Okuma V-System low profile BC and its FANTASTIC! Comes with two spools so i have one with 10lb (for bass, big flatties and rat kings) and the other with 20lb for jew, kings (under 80cm) and barra up north. They go for around $270.. Have a look! Also comes with a lifetime warranty!

Cheers, Tom

I have an Abu Revo S and they are about $170ish.... I love it! So if you are willing to spend more go the Revo sx, i can only imagine how much better it would be. But is it $300 for the combo? and will you be fishing landbased or from a boat/canoe (helps with length of rod) but anything around 6'-6'6" should be good and 2-4kg or3-5kg should be good weight, spooled with 8-12lb braid and you should be set to go