Bare Island - La Perouse

asDogs

Hey FishRaiders!

I recently posted up a question in General Fishing talk about going fishing for sharks, I took some of the knowledge that I learnt and applied it down at Bare Island La Perouse. Two nights ago, a few mates and I went down to catch some sharks, we surfaced one big Port Jackson with the size of a soccerball. It busted off as it got caught along the rocks before we could get a hold of it. Anyway, A friend and I went back down lastnight to catch the monster, We managed to pull one up! It's head was bigger then the size of my head! After the photo was taken, we helped it to recover and was once again released for someone else to catch :-) We used Squid from the Petrol Station to get it, All in All. I find Port Jacksons seem to be the only sharks around La Perouse, In the past three nights, we've managed to catch 7 of them.

Fish on Fish Raiders!

mate i used to catch fair bit of school sharks up in palm beach. took one home to eat but it wasn't that good so never again :)

Hey FishRaiders!

I recently posted up a question in General Fishing talk about going fishing for sharks, I took some of the knowledge that I learnt and applied it down at Bare Island La Perouse. Two nights ago, a few mates and I went down to catch some sharks, we surfaced one big Port Jackson with the size of a soccerball. It busted off as it got caught along the rocks before we could get a hold of it. Anyway, A friend and I went back down lastnight to catch the monster, We managed to pull one up! It's head was bigger then the size of my head! After the photo was taken, we helped it to recover and was once again released for someone else to catch :-) We used Squid from the Petrol Station to get it, All in All. I find Port Jacksons seem to be the only sharks around La Perouse, In the past three nights, we've managed to catch 7 of them.

Fish on Fish Raiders!

If you want to try for some real sharks, try suspending your bait mid water or closer to the surface and try picking up either fresh mullet ( a fillet from each side and the frame/ head will give you 3 baits) from the local fish shop or even some tuna type fillets from the servo to use as bait.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Just wondering if any of you would be able to tip me off about a place where I can chase bronzies? I want to fight something a little more exciting, I do tend to find the Port Jacksons to be lazy little buggers that just sit on the bait haha, Also, You mentioned Mullet fillets right? Mullet fillets bought from the store work too right? If so, Do I cut off a big chunk of it or do I use it sparingly? I'd really like to start pulling in some other types of sharks!

Also, What is the best rigging set up for chasing bronzies? Sorry for the whole heap of questions, I just want to learn as much as I can haha :)

Cheers fish raiders!

Edited by asDogs

Thanks for the responses guys!

Just wondering if any of you would be able to tip me off about a place where I can chase bronzies? I want to fight something a little more exciting, I do tend to find the Port Jacksons to be lazy little buggers that just sit on the bait haha, Also, You mentioned Mullet fillets right? Mullet fillets bought from the store work too right? If so, Do I cut off a big chunk of it or do I use it sparingly? I'd really like to start pulling in some other types of sharks!

Also, What is the best rigging set up for chasing bronzies? Sorry for the whole heap of questions, I just want to learn as much as I can haha :)

Cheers fish raiders!

When I lived in Bondi ten years ago I gave up fishing on the beach because I got sick of the Port Jacksons. Now living on the northern beaches - North Narrabeen is a top spot for small bronze whalers - been a while though so I can't remember what time of year. I do however remember thinking that they were as annoying as the Port Jacksons at Bondi!