Big pig landed on Blackfish gear

Ray R

:biggrin2: Hi Raiders, couldn't waste another perfect spring arvo so I trotted off around the rocks for a blackie session.

The little buggers were very picky today with lots of half downs and semi hook-ups, time for a re-think..

I changed my bait and depth and within a minute got slammed with a turbo charged down, went of like a rocket.

Anyway this thing took a couple of minutes to slow down and eventually I managed to steer him away from the edge and into the

wash up slide and just when you want a small wave there isn't any, so I waited a while and finally a wave came and I was

able to use it to wash him up.

This pig is about my limit for blackfish gear, I'm not sure how much he weighed, maybe 1-1.5 kgs at a guess and great fun.

Managed a blackie as well and that was it so not too bad an arvo..

Took a couple of shots, the drummer went 43cm's and he was very very round.. :thumbup:

post-3371-023062300 1347606632_thumb.jpg

post-3371-097152400 1347606648_thumb.jpg

Mr Ray! nice pig mate! man you got those rocks down patt by the looks of your rep.

How could you not go fishing on such a awesome afternoon! Went middle harbor and bagged a couple breams. couple were legal.

Nice work again sir.

FATTTTTYYYYYY PIG!!!!

Are they any good on the table??????????????

You did well to land that pig ray. i was fishing to left of you, they were pesky little buggers today weren't they !

Yeah it was a real struggle to get him in, and yes there were a few little bait stealers there..

Well done Ray, how was the heart rate? 43cm PIGGY on light gear! Stretched!!!!!!

Your line must have stretched like a bungie cord! Did you use Mono to leader?

Love it!

Butch

G'day mate, I use 9lb mono main and same for leader, after this tussle I had to take the last 12-15 of line off as it was badly chaffed..