promising pittwater

DaveTheBoy

Hey raiders. Headed down for an early start this glorious morning. Arrived near Newport about 6am & spent my first hour at the top of the tide working hard on the burley trail. Soon enough, those tell-tale swirls & splashes told me my work had paid off - and I was anticipating madness.

It was then remarkably quiet for about 40mins with no touches at all - I was starting to question myself (as we all do) as to what I was missing. Frustrated but keen to persist - I packed the big rod down & sent out the light bream sticks in the hope of changing my luck - with some unweighted pillie cubes. Within minutes - both reels screamed. The first spat the hook with it's second leap in the air. The second was on the line for a good 15mins - and with the assistance of a helpful passer-by (who as it turns out was a great shot with the net) & a few lucky scrapes around boat moorings - 65cm salmon was landed. A few quick pics & she was released.

Another hour or so passed without event. Then 3 screaming runs in 3 casts. It was frantic - and I only landed 1/3 (without assistance there was no room to "muscle the fish" on 4lb braid!) I lost another 2 salmon & a small mulloway at my feet (I call these "unorthodox releases").

So a little frustrated at the result - but happy with the action. The water seemed a little warmer this week - not sure if that's making the difference.

tight lines.

post-12244-007088800 1347762886_thumb.jpg

post-12244-066921200 1347762898_thumb.png