sydney outside 16/9/12

fisholb

Sorry for the late report. I would like to thank my mate mick (hot bite) and dennis for taking me fishing on dennis' Riviera boat. Its a dream come true. Beautiful boat, excellent skipper and the best crew I ever come across...

Anyway, we left the marina around 6am. Got to the 1st marker around 7am. Caught a couple of morwong and a couple of Sargent's... move to another marker and caught a couple of flatties...move to another marker and same story...a couple of flatties...move to another spot and thats when we all had some fun with the flatties and jackets...triple hookups on tge flatties, double hookups on the jackets...we ended up with 15 flat ties up to the 60cm...9 jackets up to

45cm..2 morwong up to 50cm...the swell went up to around the 2m...winds to 20kph...we were back at the Marina around 2pm...all up it was the best fishing trip I had in 20yrs...btw...most flatties were caught on squid strip...the jackets on squid strip...Pilchard pieces and yakkas...prawns...the rig used was paternoster with 20lb trace and 8oz snapper sinker...lost around 100m 50lb braid...half a dozen sinkers...

Great to finally get you out Fisholb :thumbup: We had talked it up for awhile. No Snapper but as you say we got some cracker Flathead :yahoo: & some Jackets & a few Mowies. You are welcome anytime mate & hopefully we will break your Marlin duck this summer :yahoo:

Edited by hotbite