tell me where to go

dadwithnoidea

I will have a few hours off tomorrow afternoon. I will get the last 3 hours of the rising tide. Where should I fish? I am from near Manly, but can't decide whether I try MH, Narrabeen or a beach. Happy to grab some yakkas, bait or throw some sp's.

Would really appreciate some tips as I seem to spend more time procrastinating on the best spot

Thanks

Got a 52cm flattie at narrabeen today as well as a few nice tailor... Middle Harbour is an on - off place so you have to be prepared for a donut if you fish it.. The fish are generally pretty good in there though! Kings are starting to show up. I would lean towards MH but not Roseville Bridge. Maybe head down to balmoral and fish yakkas for salmon, tailor, kings and the odd bonito. There are plenty of good flathead on the bottom too!

Cheers, Tom

Got a 52cm flattie at narrabeen today as well as a few nice tailor... Middle Harbour is an on - off place so you have to be prepared for a donut if you fish it.. The fish are generally pretty good in there though! Kings are starting to show up. I would lean towards MH but not Roseville Bridge. Maybe head down to balmoral and fish yakkas for salmon, tailor, kings and the odd bonito. There are plenty of good flathead on the bottom too!

Cheers, Tom

narrabeen today on your new yak??

If you are leaning towards MH, but not the bridge, where would I lean?? :)I had another go there on Sunday night with yakkas, strips of mullet and squid. My live bait went crazy at one stage, I presume something was chasing it. Nothing happened though :( Mullet not touched and squid got a couple of small tentative bites

Or did you mean grab the yakkas at balmoral and stay there off the wharf?

Thanks for your help Tom

narrabeen today on your new yak??

If you are leaning towards MH, but not the bridge, where would I lean?? :)I had another go there on Sunday night with yakkas, strips of mullet and squid. My live bait went crazy at one stage, I presume something was chasing it. Nothing happened though :( Mullet not touched and squid got a couple of small tentative bites

Or did you mean grab the yakkas at balmoral and stay there off the wharf?

Thanks for your help Tom

Yeah narrabeen on the yak.. bit windy though.. I'd be fishing balmoral on weekdays at the moment. While your livebait us out you can at least muck around with trevs and leatherjackets. I know i have been very encouraging about the roseville bridge but it really has gone very quiet in the last month or so.. Couldn't even get any live mullet this morning there... But come Mid october on i will be fishing it a lot again. Plenty of school jew should come in by then..

Tom

Hey tom , hows the new kayak. Is it all you hoped for or an anticlimax.? Ive read reports that they are heavy to manhandle, but excellent on the water. In your report you mentioned the wind was an issue ? Are they quite fast on the water ?

Ive still got a couple of weeks till i get mine.so i'm interested in some honest opinions.

Cheers.

Hey tom , hows the new kayak. Is it all you hoped for or an anticlimax.? Ive read reports that they are heavy to manhandle, but excellent on the water. In your report you mentioned the wind was an issue ? Are they quite fast on the water ?

Ive still got a couple of weeks till i get mine.so i'm interested in some honest opinions.

Cheers.

Hi mate,

overall im pretty happy with mine. They're big, stable and move at a decent speed and when moving from one spot to another i always have a lure out the back... To be honest, they are really quite heavy. So far, i have not been able to get it on the car or off by myself... But with good planning you can have someone help you at home and if your launching at a popular area (roseville, balmoral etc..) i'm sure someone would be happy to help you there. The wind just makes fishing in general hard but when its strong you get blown over your mark very quickly and can't fish it effectively. I may look at the stakeout pole. It just goes through the front carrying handle and wedges into the sand. Up to depths of 2m i think so very suitable to narrabeen lakes etc... I will in future try and fish when there is little wind though. At least when im using SP...

Top yak though! Beats being landbased for sure!

Cheers, Tom