Need some info on clifton gardens

Michael Feeney

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could share some information about clifton gardens. im taking the wife and kids (15 year old son and 19 year old daughter) who love fishing. never been there myself so have no idea what its like but have heard good reports on it. what do you catch there, what times are best, where to fish there and what bait etc. they are willing to get up early and hopefully you guys can help me out.

Michael

hi,

we went to clifton yesterday (1/10/12). got there around 4am. caught yakkas using chicken fillet around sunrise. its pretty quiet at clifton and balmoral atm. we always use chicken pillies prawns for bait.

a couple times at clifton, we caught trevs bream yakkas jackets salmon. same story at balmoral.

parking at clifton is $7 for 2hrs weekdays $12 for 2hrs on weekends. the rangers are very keen out there so make sure you got a valid ticket. i saw them book around a dozen cars before. the gate is open from 4am.

Burley hard and get some yakkas.. Throw one out under a float or if its a nice little one put it on the bottom for a flattie.. Should get tailor, salmon and maybe an early season king on them. Another successful technique is to burley hard with peeled prawns or pilli cubes/fillets and throw a piece out with a hook in it (unweighted) and hope the tailor, trevally, salmon, bream and flatties mistake it for just another bit of burley in the trail.. The earlier you get there the better. If you can snag a squid or two, send it out under a float (ask a kayaker if any there to paddle it out a little) and you'll be in with a good chance of a decent king which have been starting to appear.. Give it a go but try and stick to weekdays as weekends are always fairly busy which in turn can affect the fishing...

Good luck!

Cheers, Tom

Fish light lines and small unwaighted baits like bits of prawn and burley up hard with chook pellets

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I'd tend to lean more toward kingfishers advice if you're going to be with the family... More chance of getting some action, and having fun....

Fishingphase