Pittwater boat fishing ideas?

flattiefisher27

Hey raiders

Thinking of hiring a boat tomorrow at 11ish and just wondering if anyone has any good spots to go and try and what bait to use. I was thinking of getting some fresh pillies and some prawns. I was also going to probably try around stokes point, has anyone had any luck there.

Thanks for the replies

Flattiefisher27

Stokes pt is my neverfail.. Always pick up a legal fish of some sort there.. whether it be salmon, tailor, bream, trevally or flathead.. it never fails for me. I used to hire the boat from where your probably getting it from and i managed to head out to west head and caught some yakkas which turned into salmon and flatties at stokes.. I even had a missed jew there once on a livie... So if i were you i'd be grabbing some yakkas at west head (send one out while your there) then heading to stokes and Taylors Point, maybe have a flick on the careel flats as mentioned and trolling lures around the western side of pittwater in the afternoon will give you a chance at kings, salmon and decent tailor. I have caught a few just legal snapper at Stokes pt (to 34cm) so if you use good bait and burley you should catch a feed!

Cheers, Tom

Hi tom

Thanks for your reply but what bait do you use when you are out there i am thinking of getting some pillies and some prawns have you tried them?

Stokes pt is my neverfail.. Always pick up a legal fish of some sort there.. whether it be salmon, tailor, bream, trevally or flathead.. it never fails for me. I used to hire the boat from where your probably getting it from and i managed to head out to west head and caught some yakkas which turned into salmon and flatties at stokes.. I even had a missed jew there once on a livie... So if i were you i'd be grabbing some yakkas at west head (send one out while your there) then heading to stokes and Taylors Point, maybe have a flick on the careel flats as mentioned and trolling lures around the western side of pittwater in the afternoon will give you a chance at kings, salmon and decent tailor. I have caught a few just legal snapper at Stokes pt (to 34cm) so if you use good bait and burley you should catch a feed!

Cheers, Tom

Hi tom

Thanks for your reply but what bait do you use when you are out there i am thinking of getting some pillies and some prawns have you tried them?

Should be ok but yakkas will improve your chances of a decent fish...

West head mate we we used to hire there and still went to west head for yakkas. Put them in a bucket and fish them LIVE and preferably get a cheap aerator to keep them alive.. Drop down a bait jig with every second hook baited (tiny tiny tiny piece of prawn, squid or pilli) or alternatively a handline with a tiny hook (size 8-12) and a tiny sinker... Live baits are the best way to connect with big fish in pittwater i think. Especially when it comes to live squid for kings!

Cheers, Tom

ok thanks for your helpthumbup.gif

West head mate we we used to hire there and still went to west head for yakkas. Put them in a bucket and fish them LIVE and preferably get a cheap aerator to keep them alive.. Drop down a bait jig with every second hook baited (tiny tiny tiny piece of prawn, squid or pilli) or alternatively a handline with a tiny hook (size 8-12) and a tiny sinker... Live baits are the best way to connect with big fish in pittwater i think. Especially when it comes to live squid for kings!

Cheers, Tom