Quintrex 475 Coastrunner info/advice

Mutt

Hey! I am looking at purchasing a 2004 Quintrex 475 Coastrunner with a 60hp 2 strokeYamaha. Price sounds good! It's a fair way out of Sydney so will probably drive there over the weekend and have an on water test. Have already had a quick visual of the boat and engine. I just want to know any specs for this boat, particularly an approximate weight. Will I be able to tow it with a Mazda V6 Tribute as is? I'm updating from a tinny with a 15hp so pretty excited! Just want to get offshore a bit on good days. Any other info/comments on would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

i cant give you a exact weight but you can work it out

yamaha 60hp 106kg

trailer 240kg

a new quintrex 470 coastrunner is 470kg

60l of fuel 52kg

anchor chain rope 30kg

so a base of 900kg

and by the time it has everything else added, spare tyre saftey gear radios second batteries and so on probably another 1-200kg

the mazda from memory can tow around 1600kg braked depending on year model and engine type

but beware most of them come with those cheap 750kg towbars

Thanks so much, it's hard finding this info out. I currently have a 3.75m tinny with a 15hp and obviously have no problems towing that. I just wanted to know if there was anything I needed to do to my car before towing the boat back. Thanks again!

Mutt,

I have the 475 page from the quintrex range brochure of that era as I have that boat. You should have no problems towing it with a v6. I tow with v6 vt commodore.

Trailer bout 300kg and boat is the 452 kg model and my motor a 75hp optimax so heavy and i based mine on a ton.

Length overall 5.04m

Length bow - transom - 4.89m

Beam - 2.19m

Depth - 1.17m

Boat length with motor - 6m

Boat height on trailer - 2.07m

Flotation

Cr Cv model - basic

Cr - level

Thickness

btm - 3mm

Sides - 2mm

Shaft length - ls

Weight

Cr cv model - 375kg

Cr - 452kg

Hp min - 60hp

Max - 80 hp

Max mtr weight 175kg

Max People - 5

Fantastic info! This is exactly what I was looking for, I really appreciate it. Just one more quick one, how do they handle offshore? Was only thinking of getting to reefs within a few kilometers on good days.