Georges Success

brendong

Hit the Georges today with Lizard Boy...

Lizard boy has Chicken Pox which prevented him from going to Conjola so I stayed at home with him and the misses and Jnr Jnr Poddy went south. He is as spotty as, but it didn't prevent him from catching his first EP that went 30cm.....I'm not even sure I'd heard of an EP at age 12 let alone aspired to catch one....he was stoked!!!

post-4925-038922200 1349350299_thumb.jpg

He did allow me to chime in with a 39 cm black breambo (my first outside of Mallacoota) and a 47 cm flathead....but for mind the day was all about Lizard Boy and his EP.

post-4925-007439700 1349350236_thumb.jpg

post-4925-066286600 1349350262_thumb.jpg

We got a bunch of other smaller fish too that don't rate a mention, apart from a blackfish on SX40 (a first for me)...All fish were released today to fight on...

We are hitting Chipping Norton Lakes in the morning...I've never fished it before, going in blind but reading to many good reports not to give it a go.

Congrats to the young bloke on his EP, Brendon :yahoo: Nice lookin' breambo for yourself as well. Can just imagine the conversation amongst the EP's when that one went back:

"You'll never believe what I just saw...those critters that catch us and let us go again now come in a spotted variety!"

All the best to you and the family mate.

Cheers

Ian

nice fish mate always fun catching a few eps and bream,i always thought black bream dont have a big anal spine like a yellow fin bream nice to see black bream in the georges its getting better and better good work

Hi Poddy, well done on getting Lizard Boy onto his first EP, hopefully it gave a good account of its self.......they are one of my favorite southern estuary fish :thumbup: . I hope you have some success at Chippo, there have been reports of bass hitting surface lures and I know how much you love surface lure fishing.

Cheers boys...we hit chippo and I must say we struggled...to start I pulled up at chippo lakes ramp at 5.30 am to find it locked...no opening time on the ramp signage so hung out to 6am but then a local said it won't open til 7am. Not knowing the area I pulled out my gps and stuffed around trying to find another ramp for 20 mins then the garbage guys turned up and let's us in so we prob missed the best time of the morning I'd suggest.

About second cast we pulled a 30 cm EP and a few others, a few tailor and a massive mullet....but overall we struggled...no wonder the Jews are on the chew, truck loads of bait in he area......I did find a great ep spot but the sun was high in the sky....so I will put the whole trip down to experience so I'm ready for next time....

I did try for a Jew but got choppered 3 times in 3 casts so gave it away as they were hittin me on the braid....really weird....thought it could have been dodgy albrights but not 3 times in a row....just one of hose days I'm afraid....

Any way heading to glenbawn this arvo for a couple of days then back home the. Then A trip down the south coast for a few days next weekend.....got to love long service leave.....

Good work poddy with the fishing, but glenbawn then down south im jealous haha. Spinner baits and early morning surface are going off at the moment in the dams also 1.5-2inch plastics on 1/8-1/4 jig heads. good luck and cant wait for the report