harbour drummer session

sydangler

Sitting at home this morning thinking Wat to do. First went to try for some mullet for Jew baits for tomorrow but nothing.

Got home had to rethink. Decided I would give drummer ago. Never chased them never caught one before.

Walked down to fairlight beach with a bucket full of bread and a 15lb spin stick rigged up (no spare tackle). Had to wade out into knee deep water so I had my burly bucket hanging off my arm the whole session. First cast and with in seconds my reel was screaming but pulled the hooks I was not ready for that. Next half hour was a bit slow with a few half takes and missed hook ups then my float disappears and te rod loads up to a good fish after a hood fight out wide he powered straight in and into a cave at my feet which saw me in chest deep water trying to pull him free. Got home out and on to the rocks a solid silver maybe 40cm. Quick snap and he want back.

For there it fired up with 4 more silvers and 2 blacks around the 30cm mark and one solid black around 40cm (no ruler so just guessing). At some point I lost both split shots I had on and by the end my hook was nearly straightened lol.

Good fun in the rain. They definitely fight hard next time I want to try on the bream gear.

Edited by sydangler