wyong/the enterance

brecko90

Hey Raiders,

Im heading up around The Entrance for a early round of golf at wyong golf club on Wednesday, and was going to hopefully go for a flick in the arvo/into the night. I was hoping someone could give me any information on possible spots to have a go at? Beach, the channel or round the bridge im not fussed as i have gear that will cover all locations. Any help would be great :thumbup:

Hey,

Under the bridge used to be a good spot as well as the channel into the lake from the ocean.

The fishing has declined there in the past few years though.

5-6 years back we were catching Bream by the ton in good legal sizes as well as flathead and blackfish and tailor around the entrance but in the past years is has changed alot, you can go hours with only a few bites of underisize fish.

I can't help but feeling it is partly to blame for the hunderds of undersize fish taken from there especially over the holiday periods i see it so often but year after year nothing is being done about it.

Good luck and let us know how you go, I have not been fishing the entrance much lately as it was not worth the effort but i would love to hear if that has changed.

Good luck.