Carp Fishing Trips

PRED-ATOR

Hey Raiders,

Any Carp experts here? I would love to start catching Carp as I heard they fight really well plus i guess we are doing a favour for the environment.

I no nothing about how to catch them other than what ive learnt from google.

I would love to do some fishing around the penrith or parramatta area, if anyone is keen to teach me a few tricks and share a few spots it will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Stan

Hey Raiders,

Any Carp experts here? I would love to start catching Carp as I heard they fight really well plus i guess we are doing a favour for the environment.

I no nothing about how to catch them other than what ive learnt from google.

I would love to do some fishing around the penrith or parramatta area, if anyone is keen to teach me a few tricks and share a few spots it will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Stan

not to sure about spots that side of the mountains but worms and corn are the best baits. a running sinker rig with a 1/0 hook works for me. this was from saterday of the opening weekend.

post-6149-042538300 1349863767_thumb.jpg

OMG WHAT THE HELL THEM THINGS ARE HUGE!! AND SO MANY!! LOL

geez mate your a weapon on those Carp do you mind letting me in on where you caught them?

Also where do u get worms from? and is it worth using a small float or they strictly feed off the bottom.

Cheers,

Stan

I've caught carp with a float rig and running singer rig. carp aren't too fussy most of the time. An area I fish you can actually sight fish for them and watch them swim up to your bait under the float and eat it. So whilst they might be mostly bottom feeders they will eat presented bait suspended off the bottom.

I've caught them on worms, bread and corn.

If you live out penrith way, you can get worms from the bass anger

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

OMG WHAT THE HELL THEM THINGS ARE HUGE!! AND SO MANY!! LOL

geez mate your a weapon on those Carp do you mind letting me in on where you caught them?

Also where do u get worms from? and is it worth using a small float or they strictly feed off the bottom.

Cheers,

Stan

gday stan the carp were caught out of the macquarie river at bathurst. there was a rise in the river that week end so it brought them on the bite. Burrondong or wyangala dam will produce that many carp in a weekend and you also have a good chance of getting some yellas and silver perch and the odd cod to. i dig the worms in my garden but most good tackle shops should sell them. hope this helps.

jim