fluro lures at night in pittwater

bookwa

Greetings all. I live on Pittwater and in recently I've seen a tinny dragging a fluro lure about 25meters behind the boat in saltpan, so fairly shallow water. he travels fairly quickly and I'm intrigued with what he's doing or trying to catch. Any ideas?

cheers

I used to fish the salt pan wharf alot when i didnt have a boat and i have seen and caught SOME of these : kingies all sizes, bonnie schools, 4ft shark, flatties,bream, and squid. I used fluro's on the squid and sometimes when I was lazy (90%of the time)I would just leave it on and put a hook on. Didnt seem to change my success rate. My theory is any attention is good attention.

Thanks for the replies--still a mystery though--he trolled up and down two or three times and then headed further up but still kept within 50m of the bank. I'd guess his speed at about 10knots. I remember now I saw him before about a year ago doing the same thing. Maybe kingies at night--he's too fast for squid I would think.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bookwa, this is a mystery that has me intrigued. Do you know where he is based or launches from? We need to get to the bottom of this. How frequently do you see him? Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm at Yamba for a few weeks now but back in Pittwater before christmas so I'll keep an eye out for him.I've seen him at least three times over the last year.

Very strong cold currents in close at Yamba so don't be jealous.

cheers