lake conjola advice

nickm469

Hi guys, will be heading to lake conjola for a 5 day stay. Will be staying at the deep water resort fishing landbased off the private pontoons ( opposite the oyster racks? ). Just wondering if there's any chance of landing a jew in the lake? Will be bringing beach gear anyway, Wondering if its a waste of time targeting them in the channel leading into the lake. Water seems deep enough for one. Or should I save my baits for the beach? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. cheers!

We have a house down there. Deep water does have deep water out the front prob to about 2 to 3 meters, so not superb Jew material. I think you'd probably pick up large rays on large baits, you might hit a random croc I suppose.

Best save your baits for the beach I'd suggest. There are Jews in the lake I've not caught one but few of the locals have a fav Jew spot which I've heard them refer to over the years.

The Jews would all be up the back of the lake. From the channel coming off the main lake right through to where the entrance should be is sooooo much sand with the deepest water running past where you ate staying. The lake is currently closed and looks ok. They generally reopen it at the 1 m mark and it's sitting at .67m.

I got my boat (18.5 ft fibreglass) out to the Beringer lake an off shoot not far from where you are staying no troubles on Tuesday this week. When the lake is open I'm no chance of getting out there. I did it under engine power too not electric.

Sorry the above is prob a little more info than you asked for but I know there are a few other raiders that might read this heading into Christmas.

I'd suggest just walk up and down in front of your place and the empty units flicking plastics for a few flatty's or the odd bream or toss a bait out which ever you are inclined to do. Plenty of gigantic mullet in the system and big whiting to. You could also get blackfish where you are staying. Actually you could even hire a boat from the post office if you did want to get in the water.

Good luck with your trip and let us know how you go.

Brendon

i have a uncle that lives down there.... havnt spoken to him in a while but hes told me they get them in the lake :thumbup: ill try and speak to him over the wknd and give you a report if i can?

Thats cool thanks. knowing they're in there somewhere gives me enough reason to stay up fishing at night! :thumbup:

We have a house down there. Deep water does have deep water out the front prob to about 2 to 3 meters, so not superb Jew material. I think you'd probably pick up large rays on large baits, you might hit a random croc I suppose.

Best save your baits for the beach I'd suggest. There are Jews in the lake I've not caught one but few of the locals have a fav Jew spot which I've heard them refer to over the years.

The Jews would all be up the back of the lake. From the channel coming off the main lake right through to where the entrance should be is sooooo much sand with the deepest water running past where you ate staying. The lake is currently closed and looks ok. They generally reopen it at the 1 m mark and it's sitting at .67m.

I got my boat (18.5 ft fibreglass) out to the Beringer lake an off shoot not far from where you are staying no troubles on Tuesday this week. When the lake is open I'm no chance of getting out there. I did it under engine power too not electric.

Sorry the above is prob a little more info than you asked for but I know there are a few other raiders that might read this heading into Christmas.

I'd suggest just walk up and down in front of your place and the empty units flicking plastics for a few flatty's or the odd bream or toss a bait out which ever you are inclined to do. Plenty of gigantic mullet in the system and big whiting to. You could also get blackfish where you are staying. Actually you could even hire a boat from the post office if you did want to get in the water.

Good luck with your trip and let us know how you go.

Brendon

Awesome! Thanks a million. Any information is gold. Never been that way and not a lot of information on the fishing

apart from hearing how big the flathead get down there. Maybe just looking in the wrong places. Again thanks! will be putting up a report if I manage to score anything.