Tuggerah Lakes

Stapo

Hi all

New member and this is my first report,sadly it is not a good one.

Had the day off work so I took the boat out The Entrance flicking a soft plastic from the bridge to Pelican Island for some flathead,caught nothing.

There was heaps of taylor around and mullet but no flatties.It's not only me I have been getting the same reports from other locals and the Pro's.

The strange thing is we have been catching heaps through winter June,july and August then they shut down,even bait or live poddies have no result.

Now we do have a dredge working the channel the other side of the bridge to the mouth which started around September but could this be the reason?

The prawn run has also started with great catches so far, are they to well fed at the moment?

Is the water to cold? well it was a lot colder in June.

Do we need rain to flush them out of the creeks?

That's what keeps us going back I suppose you have to keep trying.

I wonder if anybody has and thoughts.

On a positive there are a few estuary Perch being caught using live prawns or shrimp and nice bream under the bridge at night and like I said excellent prawning at the mouth of the channel just with scoop nets,the pro's got 2 tonne in one night two weeks ago.

cheers Steve

hey mate

i was up there last weekend fished saturday arvo and sunday morning for a total of 6 flathead and some tailor the biggest going 48cm but did lose a couple which i think would of been bigger.

All fish were caught on small lures wriggler type as probally look like prawn, Also all fish were caught well away from the dredging. Still the action was very slow it was one of the worst trips i`ve had up there.

So i would think the dredging is definately having a impact and i won't be back till its finished especially as down my way its fishing so much better. got a nice 64cm flattie today in pittwater.