Albacore off Sydney

Good to see a few people heading out & getting keen... it's a difficult time of year but things are on the improve.

There is a fantastic altimetry low sitting directly off Sydney producing an extremely nutrient rich edge & temperature break just over the back of Heatons in a arc down towards the southern canyons. You will find albacore to around 8kg & possibly some jellybean yellowfin & if the bait holds we will probably hear of Sydneys first marlin of the season along this edge at least 30 miles out this weekend. You should find the water around 20 degrees around Browns & the edge over the back is mid 18's. Run small striped tuna lures in pink or some small scent blazers. The albies will often hold in with the striped tuna but you should mark them on the sounder.

Good luck to those who get out... Let us know how you all go!

Cheers

Damo

Good to see a few people heading out & getting keen... it's a difficult time of year but things are on the improve.

There is a fantastic altimetry low sitting directly off Sydney producing an extremely nutrient rich edge & temperature break just over the back of Heatons in a arc down towards the southern canyons. You will find albacore to around 8kg & possibly some jellybean yellowfin & if the bait holds we will probably hear of Sydneys first marlin of the season along this edge at least 30 miles out this weekend. You should find the water around 20 degrees around Browns & the edge over the back is mid 18's. Run small striped tuna lures in pink or some small scent blazers. The albies will often hold in with the striped tuna but you should mark them on the sounder.

Good luck to those who get out... Let us know how you all go!

Cheers

Damo

Hi Damo,

Thanks for the info. Are you still using RIP CHARTS to get your info? Thinking of investing in it.

Thanks Damo, nice to finally hear sounds of life out there. Its been ages since i have seen a decent report of been wide. the weekend weather looking bumpy and I will struggle to get out in the next week. Will have the boat serviced though which is a plus.

Good luck all.

Looks like a weather break early next week so Im heading outside Tue or Wed from pittwater and going north. Also forward predicted warm finger current off central coast to 20c mid next week but it's a very fine line so far. Will post if I find anything.

Hardtop 660.

Looks like a weather break early next week so Im heading outside Tue or Wed from pittwater and going north. Also forward predicted warm finger current off central coast to 20c mid next week but it's a very fine line so far. Will post if I find anything.

Hardtop 660.

good luck when you get out