Melbourne cup

rockfisherman

I came in a big winner this year :biggrin2:

I was glad to see dunaden and americain finish up terribly.

I think every article I read, that had "expert tips" of those 2 horses being the hot favourites, just made me laugh. :074:

If you read the form, those 2 horses are in no where near the same shape or form they were at last year, plus their extra weight they put on. Competing with younger 4 year olds, they really had no chance against that field, hence why they placed so terribly.

I just feel sorry for everyone who followed the "expert tips"

I spent the day with my daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter and my sister at a Melbourne Cup function.

I won nothing in the sweep, nothing with my Melbourne Cup bet, nothing on the pokies, nothing in the raffle but I still consider myself a winner as I had a great day and got lots of smiles from my granddaughter Zoe.

post-1141-077389900 1352266634_thumb.jpg

rosetta and I spent 300 on trying to jag a trifecta and the closest we got was 5th!!!then 7th and who knows after that!! I actually liked mourayan and thought that coming from barrier 3 it would get the run of the race and I was right - the only problem was it kind of went the wrong way down the straight and didnt finish the 2 miles very strongly!

grrrrreen moon!!!! I gave it no chance over two miles after the cox plate failure, it was one of the favourites up to that point and like an idiot I did what everyone else did and wrote it off - I think I will stick to fishing for a while!

next year I might throw a dart at the form guide!

pete